As the leading independent modern media company, Vox Media ignites conversations and influences culture. Across digital, podcasts, TV, streaming, live events, and print, we tell stories that affect our audience's daily lives and entertain as much as they inform.
Our portfolio features influential and respected editorial properties including Vox, New York Magazine, The Verge, The Cut, Eater, Vulture, The Strategist, Polygon, SB Nation, Intelligencer, Curbed, Grub Street and Recode. Off-platform, the Vox Media Podcast Network offers one of the largest collections of popular podcasts, and Vox Media Studios produces and distributes the award-winning nonfiction shows. Powered by innovative technology that scales quality, the Chorus publishing platform and Concert advertising marketplace answer the always-changing needs of modern audiences, creators and marketers.
Vox Media has been named one of Fast Company’s “Most Innovative Companies in Media,” an Inc. “Company of the Year,” Digiday’s “Best Company for Parents,” and one of the Best Places to Work for LGBTQ Equality by the Human Rights Campaign.
The Producer will work with the Editorial Manager to write, package and produce editorial content across SB Nation’s California Fan Communities. The Producer will have a deep knowledge of sports across and California teams and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment. The Producer creates content for multiple communities on multiple platforms that appeals to a smart, sports-obsessed audience. The Producer will report to Editorial Manager. This position has multiple openings.
What you’ll do:
- Research, write and edit posts related to their assigned teams in California’s Fan Communities.
- Attend regular meetings to discuss and refine strategy, programming, and tactics in pursuit of our editorial and audience goals
- Implement and iterate on content strategies as described by the editorial manager
- Build audience through on-platform posts and via other platforms such as Twitter, Instagram and newsletters
- Monitor and make editorial decisions using analytical tools such as Chartbeat, CrowdTangle, Google Analytics, and SEO guidance. Use these tools to iterate on standard practices for coverage
- Appear on external outlets and at marketing events to promote SB Nation team sites
- Research and develop a rolodex of team sources
- Collaborate with executive director, editorial director, editorial manager and flagship sport editor to generate editorial ideas and sponsorship opportunities, locally and nationally
- Consult with other editorial platform stakeholders (podcasts, video, commerce etc.) as well as marketing, legal, and other internal teams as needed to implement California content strategy
- Promote, attend, and support live events
- Execute sponsored posts, on and off platform
About working at Vox Media:
This is a permanent, full-time position with excellent benefits—including flexible hours and generous parental leave. Vox Media strives to provide comprehensive healthcare options for our employees and to ensure that our healthcare and other benefits are LGBTQ-inclusive. You'll be joining a group of focused, hard-working, creative people who are passionate about doing work that's challenging and fun—and who strive to maintain a healthy work/life balance.
Vox Media is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds and everyone is encouraged to apply. Vox Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law.
*This role is a part of the Vox Media Union, represented by the Writers Guild of America, East.