As the leading independent modern media company, Vox Media ignites conversations and influences culture. Across digital, podcasts, TV, streaming, live events, and print, we tell stories that affect our audience's daily lives and entertain as much as they inform.
Our portfolio features influential and respected editorial properties including Vox, New York Magazine, The Verge, The Cut, Eater, Vulture, The Strategist, Polygon, SB Nation, Intelligencer, Curbed, Grub Street and Recode. Off-platform, the Vox Media Podcast Network offers one of the largest collections of popular podcasts, and Vox Media Studios produces and distributes the award-winning nonfiction shows. Powered by innovative technology that scales quality, the Chorus publishing platform and Concert advertising marketplace answer the always-changing needs of modern audiences, creators and marketers.
Vox Media has been named one of Fast Company’s “Most Innovative Companies in Media,” an Inc. “Company of the Year,” Digiday’s “Best Company for Parents,” and one of the Best Places to Work for LGBTQ Equality by the Human Rights Campaign.
Vox Media Studios is looking for Assistant Editors for a premium food and travel series by Eater, a show that's much more than a Top 10 Listicle or Best Of Roundup show. This unhosted series will highlight the food, people, and places in these parts of the world, with sweeping cinematic and hyper-energized visuals, traveling to cities telling stories through a specific lens and adventure. The assistant editor will be the lynchpin of a fast-paced TV show environment: ingesting media from the producers, transcoding, organizing it for the editors (multi-cam), sending out for transcription, creating links & multiple trackers, and ensuring our show is delivered accurately and on time. Candidates should be super organized with amazing communication skills.
The job is full-time and in-house for (AE1 - 28 weeks) (AE 2 - 12 weeks) based in New York City.
What You’ll Do:
- Download, convert, organize and manage assets
- Maintain server, file structure and project workflow
- Prepare and organize Premiere projects for editors
- Send interview links out for transcription
- Export review and presentation links on request and for milestones (RC, FC, PL)
- Create and maintain trackers for assets, links, project prep stages and deliverables
What you'll bring:
- Mastery of Adobe Premiere
- Video conversion tools (Quicktime Pro, Apple Compressor, Adobe Media Encode)
- Understanding of frame rates, aspect ratios, resolutions, video scanning
- Understanding of common audio specs and audio bit depth
- Experience turning over for color and audio finishing
- An interest in Vox’s style of explanatory video journalism
- Adobe After Effects a plus
- Attention to detail and ability to work with multiple personalities a must
Candidates should complete the Greenhouse application, including a resume, and links to related work.
Please submit your application before February 10.
About working at Vox Media: You'll be joining a group of focused, hard-working, creative people who are passionate about doing work that's challenging and fun—and who strive to maintain a healthy work/life balance.
Vox Media is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds and everyone is encouraged to apply. Vox Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law.