Vox Media employees thrive on innovation and change while ambitiously seeking to master their subject areas, hone their craft, and improve their communities. We help smart, talented, creative professionals make a meaningful impact in media, technology and the world around them. Vox Media’s networks and businesses include SB Nation, Eater, The Verge, Vox, Curbed, Recode & Code Conferences, Polygon, Concert, Chorus, Vox Creative, Vox Entertainment, and the Vox Media Podcast Network.
We’re seeking full stack engineers to join our Chorus team.
Chorus is a platform for digital publishers. The platform behind the success of Vox Media’s eight networks and internal branded content agency, Chorus is a complete media stack for brand and community building, content creation, audience engagement, distribution, measurement, and monetization. The product division’s Chorus team builds innovative tools that enable our editorial teams to tell compelling stories; designs dynamic, engaging audience experiences that can travel across myriad platforms and devices; and ensures our editorial teams can learn from and continuously adapt within an ever-changing industry.
We are dedicated to cross-disciplinary product thinking and vision, prize thoughtful and collaborative work, and are a remote-first organization.
What you’ll do:
- Collaborate with teammates across design, user research, community, and product and project management to create and improve the products and features that make up Vox Media’s digital publishing platform
- Build publishing tools for writers, editors, art directors, videographers, and their peers to tell compelling stories; and create audience experiences that travel across a myriad of platforms and devices
What you’ll bring:
- Proficiency in at least one major language and framework (e.g., Ruby on Rails, Vue.js)
- Ability to estimate and prioritize your work well and meet your project commitments
- Have a strong understanding of designing and implementing scalable web applications
- Aptitude for providing constructive feedback in code and design reviews
- Commitment to user-centered design, web standards, performance, usability, and accessibility
For more on the things we're building and problems we're solving, and what it's like to work with the Product, Design & Technology teams, see our Product Team blog. In an effort to provide an inclusive and respectful working environment, all team members adhere to our code of conduct.
About working at Vox Media:
This is a permanent, full-time position with excellent benefits—including flexible hours and generous parental leave. Candidates can be based out of any of our US-based Vox Media offices, or may work remotely from anywhere within the major US timezones (Eastern, Mountain, Central, Pacific).
Vox Media strives to provide comprehensive healthcare options for our employees and to ensure that our healthcare and other benefits are LGBTQ-inclusive. You'll be joining a group of focused, hard-working, creative people who are passionate about doing work that's challenging and fun—and who strive to maintain a healthy work/life balance.
Vox Media is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds and everyone is encouraged to apply. Vox Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law.