Vox Media contributors thrive on innovation and change while ambitiously seeking to master their subject areas, hone their craft, and improve their communities. We help smart, talented, creative professionals make a meaningful impact in media, technology and the world around them. The Vox Media house of brands includes industry-leading media forces like SB Nation, Eater, The Verge, Vox, Curbed, Recode, Racked and Polygon, and reaches an audience of hundreds of millions, generating over a billion content views each month.
Vox Media's SB Nation is the fastest-growing online sports media brand and the largest network of more than 300 individual fan-centric sports communities, including SBNation.com, our national flagship property. Our network is powered by the most respected web-native sports journalists. One part of our network needs a new voice, and that's where you come in.
BT Powerhouse, the SB Nation blog covering Big Ten basketball, is looking for a Social Media Contributor. The Social Media Contributor would be responsible for the following duties:
- Manage the site's Facebook and Twitter account, engaging fans so both continue to grow.
- Write occasional articles about Big Ten basketball.
Our best Social Media Contributor candidates will:
- Have a passion for Big Ten basketball and news and will be already familiar with BT Powerhouse.
- Understand how to use popular social media networks, like Twitter and Facebook, and be willing to adapt to new best practices.
- Be comfortable working in a remote environment.
- Previous sportswriting and/or social media experience is preferred.
This is a contractor position that pays a monthly stipend. Some daytime availability is preferred. To apply, please submit a resume detailing any previous writing or social media experience, a cover letter explaining why you're the best fit for the role, and a sample Big Ten basketball tweet and Facebook post. You will not be considered unless you submit all three items.
Vox Media is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds and everyone is encouraged to apply. Vox Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law.