Vox Media contributors thrive on innovation and change while ambitiously seeking to master their subject areas, hone their craft, and improve their communities. We help smart, talented, creative professionals make a meaningful impact in media, technology and the world around them. The Vox Media house of brands includes industry-leading media forces like SB Nation, Eater, The Verge, Vox, Curbed, Recode, Racked and Polygon, and reaches an audience of hundreds of millions, generating over a billion content views each month.
Vox Media's SB Nation is the fastest-growing online sports media brand and the largest network of more than 300 individual fan-centric sports communities, including SBNation.com, our national flagship property. Our network is powered by the most respected web-native sports journalists. One part of our network needs a new steady hand, and that's where you come in.
The new SB Nation blog covering women's soccer is looking for a Social Media and Community Manager. The Social Media Contributor/Community Manager would be responsible for the following duties:
- Manage the site's Facebook and Twitter account, engaging fans so both continue to grow.
- Assist with moderating reader comments on the site according to SB Nation's community guidelines.
Our best Social Media and Community Manager candidates will:
- Have a passion for women's soccer content and news and will be already familiar with SB Nation's women's soccer coverage.
- Understand how to use popular social media networks, like Twitter and Facebook, and be willing to adapt to new best practices.
- Be passionate about community and building one for women's soccer that's vibrant, inclusive, and welcoming.
- Be comfortable working in a remote environment.
- Previous social media and/or community management experience is preferred.
This is a contractor position that pays a monthly stipend. Some daytime availability is preferred. To apply, please submit a resume detailing any previous writing or social media experience, a cover letter explaining why you're the best fit for the role, and a sample Twitter and Facebook post based on a recent storyline in women's soccer. You will not be considered for this role unless you submit all three items.
Vox Media is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds and everyone is encouraged to apply. Vox Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law. If your background and experience don't align perfectly with everything we're looking for, but you believe you have the ability to thrive in this role, we encourage you to apply.