Vox Media employees thrive on innovation and change while ambitiously seeking to master their subject areas, hone their craft, and improve their communities. We help smart, talented, creative professionals make a meaningful impact in media, technology and the world around them. Vox Media’s networks and businesses include SB Nation, Eater, The Verge, Vox, Curbed, Recode & Code Conferences, Polygon, Concert, Chorus, Vox Creative, Vox Entertainment, and the Vox Media Podcast Network.
As the senior community manager for the Chorus training program, you’ll be responsible for leading the design, development, and delivery of training for the Chorus product suite.
As a member of the community team, you’ll work to educate and support a broad range of people using Chorus—including customers, Vox Media’s video and editorial teams, internal stakeholders, and colleagues on the product team.
Travel is required, up to 30% of the time.
What you’ll do:
- Manage training projects from start to finish
- Interview customers and stakeholders to identify training needs, learning objectives, and product opportunities
- Develop engaging courses, presentations, and guides for Chorus customers and Vox Media employees
- Lead in-person and remote training sessions with editorial and production teams
- Share common questions and insights, and work with community managers to triage issues to the appropriate product team
- Mentor and coach peers to deliver high-quality training and educational resources
- Evaluate the overall training program’s effectiveness through surveys and analysis
- Foster an inclusive culture of learning and experimentation
What you’ll bring:
- 4+ years of experience developing and delivering training for digital products
- Exceptional listening, communication, and presentation skills
- Extensive knowledge of adult learning theories and instructional design techniques, including content development, coaching, classroom training, and self-paced training
- Ability to oversee multiple training initiatives at once
- Track record of building relationships and trust with customers
- Passion for onboarding as the foundation of customer experiences
Bonus points for:
- Experience delivering training to distributed or global teams
- Experience working in a contact center or newsroom environment
- Fluency in InDesign, Sketch, or Figma
Our product team is remote-first, but you can choose to work from one of our offices in New York, Washington D.C., San Francisco, or Austin if you live nearby.
About working at Vox Media: This is a permanent, full-time position with excellent benefits—including flexible hours and generous parental leave. Vox Media strives to provide comprehensive healthcare options for our employees and to ensure that our healthcare and other benefits are LGBTQ-inclusive. You'll be joining a group of focused, hard-working, creative people who are passionate about doing work that's challenging and fun—and who strive to maintain a healthy work/life balance.
Vox Media is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds and everyone is encouraged to apply. Vox Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law.