Vox Media employees thrive on innovation and change while ambitiously seeking to master their subject areas, hone their craft, and improve their communities. We help smart, talented, creative professionals make a meaningful impact in media, technology and the world around them. Vox Media’s networks and businesses include SB Nation, Eater, The Verge, Vox, Curbed, Recode & Code Conferences, Polygon, Concert, Chorus, Vox Creative, Vox Entertainment, and the Vox Media Podcast Network.
As Network Engineer, you will collaborate with multiple IT and business teams for the successful planning, execution and delivery of all initiatives. Ideal candidates for this position will be passionate about project delivery, planning, executing and maintaining the security and reliability of our network. The person in this role will help define the standards for our company network and provide solutions to maintain reliable connections to all services for our employees and guests. This position will report to the Director of IT Infrastructure and will be based in New York, New York; limited travel required to other offices and events.
What you’ll do:
- Manage and install networking solutions for Vox Media.
- Troubleshoot network, WiFi and connectivity issues, and assist staff with network related issues.
- Define, document, and enforce security and system standards.
- Analyze network performance data and statistics and provide recommendations and road maps.
- Stay current with industry trends bringing new solution options
- Provide training, mentoring, and tier 3 support for employees
- Travel is required up to 10% of the time
What you’ll bring:
- Analytical skills: Review systems and issues to improve operational effectiveness
- Attention to Detail: Create diagrams that convey topologies and traffic flows, ensuring systems interoperability.
- Project Management skills: Extensive experience with project delivery, including planning, executing, and maintaining a project from start to finish.
- Knowledge of configuring and supporting Juniper switches, Aruba Access Points (Aruba AP), routing protocols, and fiber connectivity.
Bonus points for:
- Security procedures and policy management (Juniper, Palo Alto, PFSense)
- Experience with programming languages as Python, Bash scripting, JUNOS, CLI
About working at Vox Media:
This is a permanent, full-time position with excellent benefits—including flexible hours and generous parental leave. Vox Media strives to provide comprehensive healthcare options for our employees and to ensure that our healthcare and other benefits are LGBTQ-inclusive. You'll be joining a group of focused, hard-working, creative people who are passionate about doing work that's challenging and fun—and who strive to maintain a healthy work/life balance.
For more on the things we're building and problems we're solving, and what it's like to work with the Product, Design & Technology teams, see our Product Team blog. In an effort to an provide an inclusive and respectful working environment, all team members adhere to our code of conduct.
Vox Media is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds and everyone is encouraged to apply. Vox Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law.