Vox Media employees thrive on innovation and change while ambitiously seeking to master their subject areas, hone their craft, and improve their communities. We help smart, talented, creative professionals make a meaningful impact in media, technology and the world around them. Vox Media’s networks and businesses include SB Nation, Eater, The Verge, Vox, Curbed, Recode & Code Conferences, Polygon, Concert, Chorus, Vox Creative, Vox Entertainment, and the Vox Media Podcast Network.
Vox Media’s Corporate IT team is looking for a System Administrator. You’ll be expected to provide excellent customer service by ensuring optimal performance and maintenance for our video production and post production systems. As Vox Media continues to grow, you’ll play an essential role in enhancing the security and quality of Vox Media’s IT and entertainment infrastructure. This position is based in our NYC office and will report directly to the Director, IT Infrastructure.
What you’ll do:
- Work in an Apple centric environment with our media tech team to provide connectivity for editors to video production systems.
- Contribute to infrastructure decisions regarding type of connectivity, server and networking requirements.
- Manage Adobe Enterprise products such as Creative Cloud and Adobe Update Server.
- Ensure storage uptime availability across all Vox Media offices.
- Manage and support storage solutions such as SAN, NAS, and S3.
- Manage Vantage workflows to scale media processing and production.
- Administer media asset management system to streamline processes for video editing.
- Partner with Vox Studios and media tech teams to provide them with infrastructure solutions.
- Install, configure, and maintain servers, equipment, and devices as well as cloud services.
- Perform troubleshooting and analysis of Linux and Windows servers as well as associated systems.
- Assist with implementing automation solutions for Active Directory infrastructure.
- Act as an escalation point for IT support.
What you’ll bring:
- Ability to provide excellent customer service to end users.
- Ability to effectively communicate and collaborate with project stakeholders as well as team members.
- Knowledge of server virtualization, media file storage, and post production facilities.
- Familiarity with a media asset management system such as Evolphin or CatDV.
- Experience implementing and maintaining the following systems: Windows Server, JAMF, Active Directory, Network Storage, Media Asset Management, VMware, FileCatalyst.
- Interest in gaining exposure with video editing, networking and systems engineering.
Bonus points for:
- Fluency with command line interface and powershell.
- Experience with cloud computing such as Amazon Web Services and Google Cloud Platform
- Advanced knowledge of at least one flavor of Linux.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Information Technology preferred
About working at Vox Media:
This is a permanent, full-time position with excellent benefits—including flexible hours and generous parental leave. Vox Media strives to provide comprehensive healthcare options for our employees and to ensure that our healthcare and other benefits are LGBTQ-inclusive. You'll be joining a group of focused, hard-working, creative people who are passionate about doing work that's challenging and fun—and who strive to maintain a healthy work/life balance.
For more on the things we're building and problems we're solving, and what it's like to work with the Product, Design & Technology teams, see our Product Team blog. In an effort to an provide an inclusive and respectful working environment, all team members adhere to our code of conduct.
Vox Media is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds and everyone is encouraged to apply. Vox Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law.