Vox Media employees thrive on innovation and change while ambitiously seeking to master their subject areas, hone their craft, and improve their communities. We help smart, talented, creative professionals make a meaningful impact in media, technology and the world around them. Vox Media’s networks and businesses include SB Nation, Eater, The Verge, Vox, Curbed, Recode & Code Conferences, Polygon, Concert, Chorus, Vox Creative, Vox Entertainment, and the Vox Media Podcast Network.
The Solutions Planner will be an integral part of the Revenue Operations group, responsible for analysis, partnering closely with Sales and Account Management to create all media plans. This role will work closely with rev ops counterparts, sales, client success and product marketing, and across the Vox Creative, Experiential, Podcast, Concert and Display/Programmatic businesses.
What you'll do:
- Responsible for being an expert in Vox media diverse lines of business and media product stack to match solutions with advertising objectives.
- Create media plans in internal OMS and client facing template based on rate and inventory guidelines, client KPIs and packaging strategies.
- Partner with sales and Account Management leads on analytics around aligned business including volume, trends, etc.
- Accountable for understanding Vox Media yield management to make informed rate exceptions and reserve inventory.
- Lead mid campaign optimizations where required to mitigate revenue at risk and low performance.
- Own internal communication (Sales, Vox Creative, Account Management, Campaign Management) through the plan creation process - keep internal account aware on lead times, distribution components etc as plan takes shape.
- Join brainstorm meetings to provide proposal ideas and package solutions based on KPIs
What you'll bring:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 1-2 years of media planning experience in related field or company
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Demonstrated problem solving skills with strong self-directed learning abilities
- Excellent analytical skills and detail orientation
- Proficiency in MS Office and experience with digital tools
About working at Vox Media: This is a permanent, full-time position with excellent benefits—including flexible hours and generous parental leave. Vox Media strives to provide comprehensive healthcare options for our employees and to ensure that our healthcare and other benefits are LGBTQ-inclusive. You'll be joining a group of focused, hard-working, creative people who are passionate about doing work that's challenging and fun—and who strive to maintain a healthy work/life balance.
Vox Media is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds and everyone is encouraged to apply. Vox Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law.