Insurance... sounds slow, old-fashioned, and unexciting. Exactly. Insurance is broken, and it's failing fast-moving, innovative startups.
Vouch is a new, technology-first insurance company backed with $160M in funding from world-class investors. Like Stripe for payments or Brex for credit cards, Vouch is creating the go-to business insurance for high-growth companies.
We're doing this by making insurance fast, responsive, and focused on our high-growth and innovative customers. Instead of printed PDF applications and week-long waits, Vouch is building new technology to solve real problems, writing policies that actually cover relevant startup scenarios, and designing simple experiences in an otherwise frustrating industry.
What does a work environment look like at Vouch?
Vouch is a Virtual First Workplace with San Francisco, New York City, and Chicago office locations. While this role has remote-work flexibility, it is based in Chicago to attend in-person collaboration and team events. This role will work through our core collaboration hours (8:30 am - 2:30 pm Pacific Time.)
To deliver on this exciting category-defining product, we seek a visionary, inspired, and innovative commercial P&C leader to direct new insurance product innovation for management liability, errors and omissions, and cyber.
As a vital member of the Insurance Operations team, you will play an integral role in shaping our insurance product strategy. Working closely with our Underwriting, Actuarial, Claims, Product, Go-To-Market, Marketing, and Partnership teams, you will be responsible for the development of both new insurance products as well as directing continuous improvements to Vouch's current insurance products. Also, you will be responsible for ensuring all of Vouch's distribution capabilities have all the insurance information and content needed for your products.
- Monitor and research external trends and developments related to D&O, E&O, Cyber, EPL, and fiduciary to identify opportunities to develop, expand, or adjust insurance products while ensuring leading coverage suited for clients and for digital distribution
- Track, manage, and prioritize all insurance product solution improvements and changes related to D&O, E&O, Cyber, EPL, and fiduciary
- Coordinate and drive the development of product and coverage expansions and changes in partnership with Vouch's insurance advisors, success team, product team, underwriting, claims, marketing team, and partnership team
- For assigned products, deliver ongoing technical, commercial P&C training, content and tools to Vouch's advisors, success team, marketing team, and partnership team to ensure clients recognize differentiated solutions
- In partnership with the filings team, coordinate various filings for assigned products to deliver differentiated and well-suited insurance solutions highly valued by Vouch's target customers and tailored for digital distribution
- Be a leading voice and perspective of our customers within Insurance Operations
- 5+ years experience in commercial P&C, either in product development/management, underwriting, or brokerage
- Technical knowledge of multiple professional lines, ideally including D&O, E&O, Cyber, EPL, and fiduciary
- Adept at identifying and delivering creative insurance ideas to solve ambiguous problems
- Excellent project management skills
- Exceptional communication skills, with an emphasis on change management communications, content, and material
- Ability to proficiently manage multiple projects with the ability to prioritize high-impact work
- Ability to manage both details and strategy
- Bachelor’s Degree
Nice to have:
- Experience developing insurance products and policy forms
- Experience working with product and engineering teams to develop tech-first insurance products
- Diverse background across insurance functions and/or products
- Registered Professional Liability Underwriter (RPLU) designation or equivalent
- Startup experience or fast-paced environment
- Exposure to and passion for early-stage startups and/or high-growth environments
Vouch provides a number of benefits to help you bring your best self to work:
- Competitive compensation and equity packages
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- Parental leave
- Flexible vacation time (Unlimited PTO)
- Wellness allowance ($80/month)
- Technology allowance ($100/month)
The pay range for this role is: $140,000 to $160,000 per year.
Our salary ranges are based on paying competitively for our size and industry and are one part of our total compensation package that also includes benefits and other perks.
We also include stock options in all compensation packages and believe all Vouch employees should have the opportunity to become owners in the company.
Individual pay decisions are based on a number of factors, including qualifications for the role, experience level, skill set, location, and business need. The base pay range provided is subject to change and may be modified in the future.
Vouch believes in putting our people first, and building a diverse team is at the front of everything we do. We welcome people from different backgrounds, experiences, perspectives, and ranges of abilities. We are an equal-opportunity employer and celebrate the diversity of our growing team.
If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please direct your inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org.