Insurance... sounds slow, old-fashioned, and unexciting. Exactly. Insurance is broken, and it's failing fast-moving, innovative startups.
Vouch is a new, technology-first insurance company backed with $160M in funding from world-class investors. Like Stripe for payments or Brex for credit cards, Vouch is creating the go-to business insurance for high-growth companies.
We're doing this by making insurance fast, responsive, and focused on our high-growth and innovative customers. Instead of printed PDF applications and week-long waits, Vouch is building new technology to solve real problems, writing policies that actually cover relevant startup scenarios, and designing simple experiences in an otherwise frustrating industry.
What does a work environment look like at Vouch?
Vouch is a Virtual First Workplace with San Francisco, Chicago, and New York office locations. This role can be based anywhere in the U.S. as long as you can work our Vouch core collaboration hours (8:30 am-2:30 pm Pacific Time.)
About the design domain:
Insurance is a hard design problem. The product is complicated, the sales process is nuanced, and the workflows are long. It gets even harder when your clients are the world’s best tech companies with high expectations for a great user experience. Vouch is revolutionizing the industry by crafting a delightful client experience, a perfect blend of people-oriented service and digital efficiency, powered by a flexible technology platform that can deliver better insurance, faster.
As a Lead User Experience Designer, you will help us envision the future of our client experience and then bring it to life, in the form of direct design contributions and collaboration on our vision for our product and team. Vouch aspires to not just create a great product, but to become a design-forward company where design and design thinking is woven into our DNA and is a significant lever for our success.
- Solve Hard Problems: As a Lead UX Designer, your role involves solving our most complex challenges, significantly influencing our business. Partner with Product and Engineering to make sense of extensive, multifaceted design projects, navigating intricate requirements, spanning various systems and teams, engaging numerous stakeholders, and devising innovative solutions.
- Run a Disciplined UX Process: Achieve success by executing a thorough UX process rooted in design thinking principles, leveraging your expansive and diverse toolbox of research, alignment, and ideation methods. Your mandate is to first ensure that we “solve the right problem”, then “solve the problem right” by delivering great workflows and experiences.
- Create Impact: Your designs will be integral to the daily operations of numerous Vouch employees and a vast customer base, including influential startup leaders and executives. Deliver innovative, user-centric designs that significantly improve key metrics and meet our user’s high standard of experience.
- Help Build a “Design Forward” Company: Design has a seat at the table. The next step is to work alongside Product and Design leaders to establish Vouch as a design forward company by building a world-class team and shipping world-class product.
- At least 7 years in design, with experience working at the lead, staff or principal level on complex, business-critical projects.
- Exceptional ability to understand, communicate, present, influence and align stakeholders across all levels of the organization
- Experience thriving in high growth or early-stage startup environments
Join us at Vouch, and be a beacon for transformation in the insurance world. Shape, lead, and inspire the next wave of user experience excellence.
Vouch provides a number of benefits to help you bring your best self to work:
- Competitive compensation and equity packages
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- Parental leave
- Flexible vacation time (Unlimited PTO)
- Wellness allowance ($80/month)
- Technology allowance ($100/month)
The pay range for this role is: $165,000 to $200,000 per year.
Our salary ranges are based on paying competitively for our size and industry and are one part of our total compensation package that also includes benefits and other perks. We also include stock options in all compensation packages and believe all Vouch employees should have the opportunity to become owners in the company.
Individual pay decisions are based on a number of factors, including qualifications for the role, experience level, skill set, location, and business need. The base pay range provided is subject to change and may be modified in the future.
Vouch believes in putting our people first, and building a diverse team is at the front of everything we do. We welcome people from different backgrounds, experiences, perspectives, and ranges of abilities. We are an equal-opportunity employer and celebrate the diversity of our growing team.
If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please direct your inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org.