Insurance... sounds slow, old-fashioned, and unexciting. Exactly. Insurance is broken, and it's failing fast-moving, innovative startups.
Vouch is a new, technology-first insurance company backed with $160M in funding from world-class investors. Like Stripe for payments or Brex for credit cards, Vouch is creating the go-to business insurance for high-growth companies.
We're doing this by making insurance fast, responsive, and focused on our customers -high growth and innovative companies. Instead of printed PDF applications and week-long waits, Vouch is building new technology to solve real problems, writing policies that actually cover relevant startup scenarios, and designing simple experiences in an otherwise frustrating industry.
What does a work environment look like at Vouch?
As an insurance company, data is at the core of everything we do at Vouch. Data and analysis are critical to improving insurance design, underwriting, and outcomes for our clients. Data also drives our business operations and our financial decisions. As a Data Analyst at Vouch, you’ll have the unique opportunity to build the foundational data structure, tools, and models to help all of our functions become increasingly data-driven. You will be part of the Analytics team and sit cross-functionally working closely with the data team, finance, biz ops and product managers that work across all of our functions.
You will work with our teams + stakeholders to build and maintain key data sets and dashboards, and be the go-to person when we’re looking to do deep analysis or answer thorny data-driven business decisions; you’re dogmatic in chasing down the answer, even when it isn’t easy.
- Build dashboards in Mode and elsewhere to solve key business problems across Vouch
- Analyze a wide variety of data - structured and unstructured, observational and experimental - to improve Vouch’s overall data analytics capability
- Chase down solutions end to end; if something looks wrong, you’re the person who will go fix it or identify the escalation path
- Build key data sets to empower stakeholders to perform their own analysis
- Work across Finance, and Data teams to define key metrics, develop dashboards, track metric progress, investigate changes in metrics, and propose next steps
- Influence Product, Business, and Insurance teams through presentation of data-based recommendations
- Help scale the business by turning one-off analyses (variable cost) into automated processes (fixed cost)
- Grit: you are goal-oriented, purpose-driven, and are perseverant about achieving their goals, even in the face of adversity
- 2-6 years of experience working as a data analyst, data scientist, consulting, banking, or equivalent quantitative analytical role
- Bachelor’s or advanced degree in statistics, math, economics, computer science, finance, or equivalent practical experience
- Expert SQL skills, and experience with BI tools (Mode, Tableau, Looker, Qlikview, etc.)
- Strong communication skills and the ability to explain complex analyses to both technical and non-technical audiences; you can explain your analysis to the leadership team or the BDR team, and level set appropriately
- Stakeholder management - you can organize and prioritize, and communicate effectively to different stakeholders
- Experience working directly with business teams to define metrics, analyze problems, and propose solutions
- Familiar with a statistical modeling language (such as Python or R)
Nice to have:
- 1+ years of professional experience with Python or R
- Insurance or financial services background
- Exposure to and passion for early-stage startups and/or high growth environments
Vouch provides a number of benefits to help you bring your best self to work:
- Competitive compensation and equity packages
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- Parental leave
- Flexible vacation time (Unlimited PTO)
- Wellness allowance ($80/month)
- Technology allowance ($100/month)
- Monthly Doordash credits ($80/month)
Vouch believes in putting our people first and building a diverse team is at the front of everything that we do. We welcome people from different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and celebrate the diversity of our growing team.
If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please direct your inquiries to email@example.com. #LI-Remote