Insurance... sounds slow, old-fashioned, and unexciting. Exactly. Insurance is broken, and it's failing fast-moving, innovative startups.
Vouch is a new, technology-first insurance company backed with $160M in funding from world-class investors. Like Stripe for payments or Brex for credit cards, Vouch is creating the go-to business insurance for high-growth companies.
We're doing this by making insurance fast, responsive, and focused on our customers -high growth and innovative companies. Instead of printed PDF applications and week-long waits, Vouch is building new technology to solve real problems, writing policies that actually cover relevant startup scenarios, and designing simple experiences in an otherwise frustrating industry.
What does a work environment look like at Vouch?
To deliver on this exciting category-defining product, we are seeking a creative, motivated, and innovative underwriter to underwrite innovative Web3 companies across ten coverage lines and manage the Web3 portfolio.
As a key member of the Insurance team, you will play an integral role in building and managing this key vertical. You will be responsible for underwriting accounts and overseeing the Web3 portfolio delivering on both premium growth goals and loss ratio targets. You will evaluate risk (both across the Web3 portfolio and large Web3 accounts) and structure solutions appropriate for portfolio oversight and individual insureds. Develop positive relationships with the sales team and insureds to support our mission of crafting the best insurance for those building the future.
- Portfolio monitoring and management, including oversight of underwriting strategy and guidelines for the Web3 segment
- Underwrite individual accounts in accordance with Vouch’s underwriting philosophy, guidelines, and service level standards
- Enable the sales team with necessary information and technical expertise in order to support premium goals for Web3
- Coordinate the Insurance Product Innovation team to develop all needed changes to forms and rating related to Web3
- Develop and deliver Vouch’s Web3 underwriting strategy to deliver target loss ratio (PLR) - establish underwriting changes as needed (in coordination with Underwriting Operations and other functions)
- Ensure adherence to underwriting guidelines
- Support marketing efforts and share insights and knowledge with the broader Vouch organization
- You have one of these two professional backgrounds:
- 5+ years of experience in commercial P&C Underwriting - Direct underwriting experience and technical understanding of E&O, D&O, Crime and Cyber at minimum
- Experience and/or knowledge of companies with a primary business operation that leverages blockchain technology in the following operations:
- Network & Protocol (underlying blockchain technology)
- Infrastructure: Security, Storage, Analytics, Communication, Governance, Identity/Authentication, Developer Tools, Oracles, Transactions
- Decentralized Applications: Gaming, Content / Social, NFTs & Collectibles, DeFi
- Access Layer
- Experience working in a collaborative environment with the ability to improve underwriting guidelines that integrate the customer’s perspective, user experience concepts, auto decision orientation, and our go-to-market strategy
- Adept at bringing creative insurance ideas to solve ambiguous problems
- Ability to effectively manage multiple projects in a dynamic environment with the ability to prioritize high impact work
- Bachelor’s Degree
Nice to have:
- Exposure to and passion for early-stage startups and/or high growth environments
- A background in insurance or other regulated categories
- Experience is a direct sales organization
Vouch provides a number of benefits to help you bring your best self to work:
- Competitive compensation and equity packages
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- Parental leave
- Flexible vacation time (Unlimited PTO)
- Wellness allowance ($80/month)
- Technology allowance ($100/month)
- Monthly Doordash credits ($80/month)
Vouch believes in putting our people first, and building a diverse team is at the front of everything that we do. We welcome people from different backgrounds, experiences, perspectives, and ranges of abilities. We are an equal opportunity employer and celebrate the diversity of our growing team.
If you require a reasonable accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please direct your inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org. #LI-Remote