Insurance... sounds slow, old-fashioned, and unexciting. Exactly. Insurance is broken, and it's failing fast-moving, innovative startups.
Vouch is a new, technology-first insurance company backed with $160M in funding from world-class investors. Like Stripe for payments or Brex for credit cards, Vouch is creating the go-to business insurance for high-growth companies.
We're doing this by making insurance fast, responsive, and focused on our customers -high growth and innovative companies. Instead of printed PDF applications and week-long waits, Vouch is building new technology to solve real problems, writing policies that actually cover relevant startup scenarios, and designing simple experiences in an otherwise frustrating industry.
What does a work environment look like at Vouch?
To deliver on this exciting category-defining product, we are seeking a creative, motivated, and innovative commercial P&C leader to lead new insurance product innovation for management liability products, errors and omissions, and cyber liability.
As a key member of the Insurance Operations leadership team, you will play an integral role in shaping our insurance product strategy. You will be responsible for the development of both new insurance products, as well as driving continuous improvements to Vouch’s current insurance products. Also, you will be responsible for ensuring all of Vouch’s distribution capabilities have the technical insurance information and content needed relating to your products.
Specific activities and responsibilities may include:
- Monitor and researching external trends and developments related to D&O, E&O, Cyber, EPL, and fiduciary in order to identify opportunities to develop, expand or adjust insurance products to ensure leading coverage suited for clients and suited for digital distribution
- Track, manage and prioritize all insurance product solution improvements and changes related to D&O, E&O, Cyber, EPL, and fiduciary
- In relation to D&O, E&O, Cyber, EPL and fiduciary, coordinate and drive development of product and coverage expansions and changes in partnership with Vouch’s advisors, success team, product team, claims, marketing team and partnership team
- For assigned products, deliver ongoing technical commercial P&C training, content and tools to Vouch’s advisors, success team, marketing team and partnership team to ensure differentiated solutions are recognized by clients
- In partnership with the filings team, coordinate various filing updates for assigned products with the goal of delivering differentiated and well suited insurance solutions highly valued by Vouch’s target customers and tailored for digital distribution
- Be a leading voice and perspective of our customer within insurance ops
- 10+ years experience in Commercial P&C, either in brokerage, product development or underwriting
- Technical knowledge of multiple Commercial P&C lines, ideally including D&O, E&O, Cyber, EPL and fiduciary
- Adept at identifying and delivering creative insurance ideas to solve ambiguous problems
- Excellent project management skills
- Exceptional communication skills, with an emphasis on change management communications, content, and material
- Ability to effectively manage multiple projects with the ability to prioritize high impact work.
- Ability to manage both details and strategy
- Bachelor’s Degree
Nice to Have:
- Experience working with a product and engineering team to develop tech-first insurance products
- Registered Professional Liability Underwriter (RPLU) designation or equivalent
- Startup experience or fast paced environment
- Diverse background across insurance functions and/or products
- Exposure to early-stage startups and/or high growth environments
Vouch provides a number of benefits to help you bring your best self to work:
- Competitive compensation and equity packages
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- Parental leave
- Flexible vacation time (Unlimited PTO)
- Wellness allowance ($80/month)
- Technology allowance ($100/month)
- Monthly Doordash credits ($80/month)
Vouch believes in putting our people first, and building a diverse team is at the front of everything that we do. We welcome people from different backgrounds, experiences, perspectives, and ranges of abilities. We are an equal opportunity employer and celebrate the diversity of our growing team.
If you require a reasonable accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please direct your inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org. #LI-Remote