Insurance... sounds slow, old-fashioned, and unexciting. Exactly. Insurance is broken, and it's failing fast-moving, innovative startups.
Vouch is a new, technology-first insurance company, backed with $100M in funding from world-class investors. Like Stripe for payments or Brex for credit cards, Vouch is creating the go-to business insurance for high growth companies.
We're doing this by making insurance fast, responsive, and focused on our customer -high growth and innovative companies. Instead of printed PDF applications and week-long waits, Vouch is building new technology to solve real problems, writing policies that actually cover relevant startup scenarios, and designing simple experiences in an otherwise frustrating industry.
What does a work environment look like at Vouch?
This role is Office Based, which means that team members are expected to live near one of our main offices (SF or Chicago) and be in the office on Tuesdays and Thursdays with 1 day of flexibility. However, due to Covid, we are promoting flexibility with this structure and currently encourage folks to stay home if they feel more comfortable.
Vouch is looking for a Product Designer to join our growing team. We’re looking for someone who lives and breathes customer empathy and is excited to be a voice for our founder-users across the entire Vouch organization. You will shape how our product presents itself to new markets, support the launch of new insurance programs, and reinvent how our customers interact with their insurance after purchase.
- Work across internal tooling to enable our team to serve our customers faster when they adjust their coverage, file claims, request proof of insurance for partners, and more.
- Maintain a seamless bridge between the digital experience and human-driven workflows.
- Think creatively within the constraints of the insurance industry, aiming for step change improvements as well as iterative refinements.
- Collaborate with product, engineering, underwriting, and sales stakeholders to create designs and collaborate on technical implementation
- Share continued learnings about our customer and advocate best UX practices to the broader Vouch Insurance team
- +3 years of web/app experience as a professional UX or Product Designer
- Proven track record of solving complex interactive customer problems
- Clear cross-team communication skills
- Experience working with modern design tools like Figma, Sketch, etc.
- Good understanding of responsive design techniques
Nice to haves:
- Startup experience
- Execution mindset (speed & iteration in this role would be particularly nice)
- Background in a regulated industry
Vouch provides a number of benefits to help you bring your best self to work:
- Competitive compensation and equity packages
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- Parental leave
- Flexible vacation time (Unlimited PTO)
- Wellness allowance ($80/month)
- Technology allowance ($100/month)
- Monthly Doordash credits ($80/month)
Vouch believes in putting our people first and building a diverse team is at the front of everything that we do. We welcome people from different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and celebrate the diversity of our growing team.
If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please direct your inquiries to email@example.com