Insurance... sounds slow, old-fashioned, and unexciting. Exactly. Insurance is broken, and it's failing fast-moving, innovative startups.
Vouch is a new, technology-first insurance company, backed with $100M in funding from world-class investors. Like Stripe for payments or Brex for credit cards, Vouch is creating the go-to business insurance for high-growth companies.
We're doing this by making insurance fast, responsive, and focused on our customers -high growth and innovative companies. Instead of printed PDF applications and week-long waits, Vouch is building new technology to solve real problems, writing policies that actually cover relevant startup scenarios, and designing simple experiences in an otherwise frustrating industry.
What does a work environment look like at Vouch?
Vouch has a 3-HQ model: Office-Based, Office-Linked, and Remote-First. This role is Office Based, which means that team members are expected to live near one of our main offices (SF or Chicago) and be in the office on Tuesdays and Thursdays with 1 day of flexibility. However, due to Covid we are promoting flexibility with this structure and currently encourage folks to stay home if they feel more comfortable.
As one of the founding members of the Vouch customer service team, you will be responsible for ensuring our clients have a great experience after purchasing coverage with Vouch. We pride ourselves on making things fast, easy, and tailored for our customers. Some of our best customer feedback is about our amazing customer experience and service. You’ll be part of helping us scale our customer service capabilities.
On a day-to-day basis, you will be responsible for guiding existing customers through any insurance questions they may have, day-to-day servicing of accounts, renewal business, and supporting client needs when changing coverage. This is a great position to build a foundation in the insurance, start-up, or tech fields and to start growing your career with Vouch.
- Leave a positive first impression and establish trusted relationships with clients
- Deliver consistent and timely follow-up in response to client requests and issues
- Manage introduction emails and guiding clients to the next steps in the process
- Ensure clients are comfortable with our front end website
- Drive additional value by identifying follow-up opportunities for the sales team
- Be a self-starter, independent learner, and have unparalleled resourcefulness.
- Feel brave leaping into the unknown and agile in an environment that is constantly changing.
- Love swimming in solutions versus dwelling on problems
- Be a great writer with a keen eye for the nuances of the English language.
- Update internal documentation and providing regular feedback to improve our product and processes
- Believe in Vouch’s values:
- Put people first
- Act like an owner
- Listen, challenge, and learn
- Do the right thing, especially when no one is watching
- Thrive as one
- 1+ years of experience in service-orientated roles
- Background in customer-facing roles
- Strong communication and organizational skills
- Dependable, positive, and action-oriented with excellent follow-through skills
- Able to deal well with ambiguity and maintain composure in complex situations
- Comfortable with working an adjusted schedule: 8am - 4pm or 11am - 7pm
Nice to have:
- Exposure to and passion for early-stage startups and/or high growth environments
- A background in insurance, technology, SaaS, or other regulated categories
- Bachelor's Degree in Liberal Arts, Business, Insurance, or a related field
Vouch provides a number of benefits to help you bring your best self to work:
- Competitive compensation and equity packages
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- Parental leave
- Flexible vacation time (Unlimited PTO)
- Wellness allowance ($80/month)
- Technology allowance ($100/month)
- Monthly Doordash credits ($80/month)
Vouch believes in putting our people first and building a diverse team is at the front of everything that we do. We welcome people from different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and celebrate the diversity of our growing team.
If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please direct your inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org.