Insurance... sounds slow, old-fashioned, and unexciting. Exactly. Insurance is broken, and it's failing fast-moving, innovative startups.
Vouch is a new, technology-first insurance company, backed with $100M in funding from world-class investors. Like Stripe for payments or Brex for credit cards, Vouch is creating the go-to business insurance for high growth companies.
We're doing this by making insurance fast, responsive, and focused on our customer -high growth and innovative companies. Instead of printed PDF applications and week-long waits, Vouch is building new technology to solve real problems, writing policies that actually cover relevant startup scenarios, and designing simple experiences in an otherwise frustrating industry.
What does a work environment look like at Vouch?
Vouch has a 3-HQ model: Office-Based, Office-Linked, and Remote-First. This role is Office Linked, which means that team members must live within a 2-3 hour commute from one of our main offices (SF or Chicago) and be able to easily come into the office on an as-needed basis. We expect team members will be in the office on average 3-4 days per month. However, due to Covid we are promoting flexibility with this structure and currently encourage folks to stay home if they feel more comfortable.
As a Senior Accountant at Vouch, you’ll have the unique opportunity to assist in building foundational accounting processes, controls, and tools that will allow us to grow and scale into the future. You will be part of the Finance team and focus primarily on accounting and reporting for our Insurance business, buildout and mapping of key processes, and partner with various cross-functional teams on adhoc projects and initiatives.
The ideal candidate is someone who loves a challenge; who can pick-up unstructured tasks or projects and run with them to the finish line, someone who is comfortable in excel and dealing with large data sets as well as challenge results and dig into anomalies. Prior Insurance experience is preferred but not required, someone with the drive to learn a new industry would be a great asset and contribute a unique perspective. The role is perfect for someone that enjoys accounting but wants more than routine monthly tasks.
- Manage day to day transactions related to the general ledger, receivables, revenue recognition, payables, payroll, and financial reporting
- Contribute to monthly accounting close, cash reconciliation, and consolidations, support efforts to speed up the accuracy and efficiency
- Support the development of internal systems and financial integrations
- Responsible for strong internal controls and accounting process/policy documentation, including leading best practices
- Create detailed financial reporting to senior management
- Ensure that records are maintained according to generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) and statutory accounting principles
- Create accurate financial reporting to third party vendors and regulatory agencies including ad-hoc data calls
- Coordination and preparation of tax schedules, returns, and information and coordinating with outside accounting agencies
- Interaction with outside auditors and project management of annual audit
- Current financial professional with at least 3-5 years of accounting/finance experience
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or business. CPA preferred but not required
- Technically proficient with Microsoft Excel required
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to manage large and complex data sets
- Ability to work without direct supervision and efficiently manage tasks and meet deadlines
- Process and results-oriented
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
Nice to have:
- Experience in a fast-paced start-up environment with fluctuating priorities
- Public accounting experience
- Experience with Accounting systems such as NetSuite
- Experience with SQL and database querying
- Experience with Google Docs
- A background in insurance or other regulated categories
Vouch provides a number of benefits to help you bring your best self to work:
- Competitive compensation and equity packages
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- Parental leave
- Flexible vacation time (Unlimited PTO)
- Wellness allowance ($80/month)
- Technology allowance ($100/month)
- Monthly Doordash credits ($80/month)
Vouch believes in putting our people first and building a diverse team is at the front of everything that we do. We welcome people from different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and celebrate the diversity of our growing team.
If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please direct your inquiries to email@example.com.