Insurance... sounds slow, old-fashioned, and unexciting. Exactly. Insurance is broken, and it's failing fast-moving, innovative startups.
Vouch is a new, technology-first insurance company, backed with $100M in funding from world-class investors. Like Stripe for payments or Brex for credit cards, Vouch is creating the go-to business insurance for high growth companies.
We're doing this by making insurance fast, responsive, and focused on our customer -high growth and innovative companies. Instead of printed PDF applications and week-long waits, Vouch is building new technology to solve real problems, writing policies that actually cover relevant startup scenarios, and designing simple experiences in an otherwise frustrating industry.
What does a work environment look like at Vouch?
Vouch has a 3-HQ model: Office-Based, Office-Linked, and Remote-First. This role is Office Linked, which means that team members must live within a 2-3 hour commute from one of our main offices (SF or Chicago) and be able to easily come into the office on an as-needed basis. We expect team members will be in the office on average 3-4 days per month. However, due to Covid we are promoting flexibility with this structure and currently encourage folks to stay home if they feel more comfortable.
This role incorporates a wide level of expertise but always assumes the broker is capable of handling accounts independently. The size and complexity of the account can vary, but generally we focus on hard to solve insurance problems. The role will encompass all lines of business, with a more acute focus on Cyber, Tech E/O, Directors & Officers, Employment Practices, Umbrella, and difficult to place risks.
As a member of the Vouch Specialty team, you will be responsible for reviewing and evaluating information to assess client risks. You will act as the day-to-day broker, utilizing placement expertise to enhance revenue, impact retention and help close pending business opportunities. Typically negotiating terms and conditions of coverage on behalf of the client. More experienced brokers may be responsible for training and supervising associate Brokers as we scale and hire within the team. The broker is also responsible to ensure that relevant regulatory and technical standards are met.
We pride ourselves on making things fast, easy, and tailored for our customers. Some of our best customer feedback is about our amazing customer experience and service. You’ll be responsible for helping us scale that reputation.
- Orchestrate new business placement, renewals, and alterations of existing coverage.
- Process Policies and Endorsements on both carrier and agency management systems, documenting and issuing all relevant documentation.
- Review and evaluate information and analytics to assess and evaluate client risks to support the placement of client risks in the insurance market.
- Oversee design and preparation of draft proposals; negotiate and finalize carrier quotes, terms and conditions, and coverage confirmations to ensure contract certainty.
- Bind carrier quotes and reviews binders and coverage confirmations.
- Responsible for project assignments as directed by management and work in a cross-functional team environment.
- Develops business relationships with retail producers, underwriters, and other carrier contacts.
- Deliver consistent and timely follow-up in response to client requests and issues
- Minimum of 5+ years of insurance experience in a client or market facing role (e.g., Insurance Broker - retail or wholesale, Underwriting or Professional Lines, Account Management)
- Specializes in services for financial and management liability risks, ideally harder to place risks. (e.g., D&O liability, Employment Practices Liability, Fiduciary Liability, Crime, Umbrella, and Workers’ Compensation - including external threats like cyberattacks and terrorism.)
- Relationship management: Customer focus, collaboration, and interpersonal skills, and conflict management. Demonstrates shared ownership of resolution of conflicts.
- Negotiation skills: Carrier and client negotiation skills. Can secure concessions without damaging relationships.
- Background in managing a portfolio of customers
- Dependable, positive, and detail-oriented with excellent follow-through skills
- Able to deal well with ambiguity and maintain composure in complex situations
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Marketing, or a related field
- P&C License required (Exception: if you have a strong PL underwriting background)
Nice to have:
- Exposure to and passion for early-stage startups and/or high growth environments, someone who embraces change
- Insurance industry designations preferred but not required (CPCU, ARM, CIC, CRM)
- Global insurance and/or business experience highly desirable
Vouch provides a number of benefits to help you bring your best self to work:
- Competitive compensation and equity packages
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- Parental leave
- Flexible vacation time (Unlimited PTO)
- Wellness allowance ($80/month)
- Technology allowance ($100/month)
- Monthly Doordash credits ($80/month)
- Commuter Benefit
Vouch believes in putting our people first and building a diverse team is at the front of everything that we do. We welcome people from different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and celebrate the diversity of our growing team.
If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please direct your inquiries to email@example.com.