Insurance... sounds slow, old-fashioned, and unexciting. Exactly. Insurance is broken, and it's failing fast-moving, innovative startups.
Vouch is a new, technology-first insurance company, backed with $100M in funding from world-class investors. Like Stripe for payments or Brex for credit cards, Vouch is creating the go-to business insurance for high growth companies.
We're doing this by making insurance fast, responsive, and focused on our customer -high growth and innovative companies. Instead of printed PDF applications and week-long waits, Vouch is building new technology to solve real problems, writing policies that actually cover relevant startup scenarios, and designing simple experiences in an otherwise frustrating industry.
What does a work environment look like at Vouch?
Vouch has a 3-HQ model: Office-Based, Office-Linked, and Remote-First. This role is Office Based, which means that team members are expected to live near one of our main offices (SF or Chicago) and be in the office on Tuesdays and Thursdays with 1 day of flexibility. However, due to Covid, we are promoting flexibility with this structure and currently encourage folks to stay home if they feel more comfortable.
Vouch’s Platform is the engine behind our success. Our technology enables us to rapidly innovate in insurance design and helps our customers get insurance in minutes. As part of Vouch’s Platform team, you’ll lead the development of an enterprise grade platform that drives our underwriting, pricing, and insurance policy generation. You will own the configuration tools, underwriting and pricing engines, and document generation services we use to deliver innovative insurance products to our clients. You’ll be collaborating with a cross-functional team of engineers, designers, underwriters, actuaries, and 3rd parties as we build out our industry-leading commercial insurance technology platform.
- Understand what Underwriters, Actuaries, and third-party developers need to develop and and manage insurance products
- Define and create platform capabilities that enable our teams to quickly launch and iterate on the insurance products we deliver to our clients
- Lead projects end-to-end success from discovery to launch in collaboration with a cross-functional Engineering, Design, and Insurance team
- Work closely with stakeholders across the company and drive proper requirement gathering, communication, and documentation
- Define the roadmap and prioritization framework that determines what the team works on
- Tie goals back to business metrics such as cost, speed, reliability and operational efficiency
- Highlight technical risk areas, dependencies and technical debt and develop strategies to address them
- 2+ years experience designing, building, and launching internal and/or enterprise grade platforms
- A strong technical understanding of how the systems your engineering partners built work
- Enjoys digging into data models and designing APIs
- Strong cross-functional relationship building with high empathy to understand and balance the needs of multiple stakeholders
- Excited to learn about new industries and motivated to become an insurance expert
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in articulating customer/stakeholder pain
- An analytical thinker with the ability to discern insights from both qualitative and quantitative data. Expertise with SQL is a plus
Nice to have:
- Exposure to and passion for early-stage startups and/or high growth environments
- A background in insurance or other regulated categories
Vouch provides a number of benefits to help you bring your best self to work:
- Competitive compensation and equity packages
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- Parental leave
- Flexible vacation time (Unlimited PTO)
- Wellness allowance ($80/month)
- Technology allowance ($100/month)
- Monthly Doordash credits ($80/month)
Vouch believes in putting our people first and building a diverse team is at the front of everything that we do. We welcome people from different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and celebrate the diversity of our growing team.
If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please direct your inquiries to email@example.com.