Business insurance is failing the modern founder. Brokers are selling the same old policies. At Vouch, we’re fixing insurance and risk solutions for startups and founders with tailored insurance designed for technology startups. With new and innovative ideas, we are delivering the right insurance and risk solutions for our customers.
Vouch is a new, technology-first insurance company, backed with $100M in funding from world-class investors. Like Stripe for payments or Brex for credit cards, Vouch is creating the go-to business insurance for startups.
We're doing this by making insurance fast, responsive, and focused on our customers - startup founders. Instead of printed PDF applications and week-long waits, Vouch is building new technology to solve real problems, writing policies that actually cover relevant startup scenarios, and designing simple experiences in an otherwise frustrating industry.
What does a work environment look like at Vouch?
Vouch has a 3-HQ model: Office-Based, Office-Linked, and Remote-First. This role is Remote-First, which means that team members can work from anywhere in the U.S. so long as they can work during Vouch core collaboration hours (9 am-3 pm PT Mon-Fri). **While this role is remote-friendly, we have a preference for this role to be based at the epicenter of the category: San Francisco, New York, or Boston.
As the first member of our Health and Life Sciences team, you’ll be responsible for building Vouch’s team and presence as a leader in the category. We’re looking for a leader that can build a $100M+ book of business from scratch. Out of the gate, you’ll take our Health and Life Sciences team from zero to one by personally advising clients through onboarding, defining our initial GTM strategy, nurturing relationships with our key distribution partners, and building Vouch’s brand in the ecosystem.
Over time you will be responsible for building out our Health and Life Sciences Advisor team and managing the book comprehensively in partnership with our Account Management team. While growing the team you’ll shift your personal focus up-market to bring in and manage the highest value clients.
- Own the key performance indicators for our Health and Life Sciences book of business from brand-building to client acquisition and retention
- Start as a hyper-effective team of one and write the playbook for those that follow you in the Health and Life Sciences category
- Build and manage the Vouch Health and Life Sciences team of best-in-class insurance advisors that deeply understand the risks, and quickly solve for the coverage needs, of our clients
- Directly prospect, onboard, and retain new Tier-1 Growth-stage (i.e. Series B+) clients
- Collaborate with Account Managers on the Client Success team responsible for the day-to-day activities required to service and retain our clients across your book of business
- Collaborate with our Startup Insurance team to graduate the most promising earthly stage (i.e. Seed and Series A) Health and Life Science companies into your dedicated vertical portfolio
- Directly cultivate and manage relationships with the most important founders, investors, operators, and partners in your ecosystem
- Educate our colleagues, partners, and clients as the Vouch domain expert on Health and Life Sciences insurance
- Ready to hire and lead an exceptionally talented and diverse team
- Excited by the challenge of solving hard and ambiguous problems in complex situations
- Deep domain expertise and relationships within Health and Life Sciences
- Familiarity with Commercial P&C coverage lines (Professional and Speciality lines)
- Experience selling to or working closely with CEOs, CFOs, and GC’s
- 6+ years of insurance, sales, business development, or similar experience related to the Health and Life Sciences category
- Strong communication and organizational skills
- Dependable, positive, and detail-oriented with excellent follow-through skills
- Bachelor's degree
Nice to have:
- Former entrepreneur
- Active/Current Property and Casualty License
- Exposure to and passion for early-stage startups and/or high growth environments
Vouch provides a number of benefits to help you bring your best self to work:
- Competitive compensation and equity packages
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- Parental leave
- Flexible vacation time (Unlimited PTO)
- Wellness allowance ($80/month)
- Technology allowance ($100/month)
- Monthly Doordash credits ($80/month)
Vouch believes in putting our people first and building a diverse team is at the front of everything that we do. We welcome people from different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and celebrate the diversity of our growing team.
If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please direct your inquiries to email@example.com.