Insurance... sounds slow, old-fashioned, and unexciting. Exactly. Insurance is broken, and it's failing fast-moving, innovative startups.
Vouch is a technology-first insurance company, backed with $100 million in funding from world-class investors. Like Stripe for payments or Brex for credit cards, Vouch is creating the go-to business insurance for startups.
We're doing this by making insurance fast, responsive, and focused on our customer - startup founders. Instead of printed PDF applications and week-long waits, Vouch is re-architecting insurance products and systems to write policies that actually cover relevant startup scenarios and designing simple experiences in an otherwise frustrating industry.
As a member of the Information Technology team, you will be responsible for providing technical support to all users. You will perform help desk functions, provide direct user support and guidance, and assist with technical training sessions.
You may respond to telephone calls, emails, and personnel requests for technical support and track and monitor help desk tickets to ensure a timely resolution.
Additionally, you will be responsible for documenting and expanding our technical knowledge base, including creating user and reference manuals for common-use applications.
You will work in a fast-paced, startup environment in downtown Chicago.
- Provide local and remote end-user support by resolving technology problems (Tier 1-2).
- Receive and respond to problems reported through the help desk ticketing software, calls, walk-ups, or via e-mail or messages within the defined service level agreements.
- Work with hardware and software vendors to resolve equipment failures/problems.
- Install, configure, test, maintain, monitor, and troubleshoot end-user desktops, laptops, tablets, and related hardware or software, ensuring all is in proper working order.
- Properly document hardware/software failure, repair, installation, and removal in the ticketing system.
- Associates or Bachelors degree in IT related field highly desirable
- 3-5 years of experience providing remote and in-person desktop/walk-up support in an enterprise environment
- Strong knowledge of macOS and Windows Operating Systems
- Intermediate level administration of Google Workspace.
- Knowledge of enterprise software services (ex. Google Workspace, Slack, SimpleMDM, Sophos, Zoom, Office 365)
- Experience working in JIRA Service Manager or similar helpdesk ticketing system.
- General understanding of network concepts, i.e., ( TCP/IP, DHCP, DNS, and LAN concepts)
- Ability to present computing concepts to technical and non-technical staff
- Outstanding customer service skills required.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills are required.
Nice to Have
- Expertise with MDM systems managing a fleet of macOS and iOS devices
- Familiarity with Jira project management tools and Confluence
Vouch provides a number of benefits to help you bring your best self to work:
- Competitive compensation and equity packages
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- Parental leave
- Flexible vacation time (Unlimited PTO)
- Wellness allowance ($80/month)
- Technology allowance ($100/month)
- Monthly Doordash credits ($80/month)
Vouch believes in putting our people first and building a diverse team is at the front of everything that we do. We welcome people from different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and celebrate the diversity of our growing team.