Insurance... sounds slow, old-fashioned, and unexciting. Exactly. Insurance is broken, and it's failing fast-moving, innovative startups.
Vouch is a new, technology-first insurance company, backed with $100M in funding from world-class investors. Like Stripe for payments or Brex for credit cards, Vouch is creating the go-to business insurance for high growth companies.
We're doing this by making insurance fast, responsive, and focused on our customer -high growth and innovative companies. Instead of printed PDF applications and week-long waits, Vouch is building new technology to solve real problems, writing policies that actually cover relevant startup scenarios, and designing simple experiences in an otherwise frustrating industry.
As the leader of our Success team at Vouch you will be responsible for building a world-class function that’s unparalleled in the insurance industry. Our business is built on scaling with startups from idea to IPO, making a great Success team mission-critical to our future plans. We’re looking for a bold leader to help define our vision, design the organization, and coach talented individuals into a cohesive, world-class team.
Our clients are high-growth technology companies that value not just the ease of our experience and quality of our coverage, but they also consistently cite the expertise, responsiveness, and quality of our people as some of the most important reasons they choose to work with Vouch. In the years ahead it’s critical that we not only scale this team successfully, but continue re-defining what it means to have an amazing business insurance experience for our clients. We’re looking for someone that’s up to the challenge. Someone that cares deeply about our clients, and cares even more about our people.
- Manage and recruit a highly collaborative and rapidly growing Customer Success team with an eye to developing leaders and attracting top talent (we can’t emphasize the rapidly growing part strongly enough)
- Own the NPS, account retention, and net premium growth results for our Renewal and Upgrade business
- Partner with our InsuranceOps team to design, implement, and monitor service processes and SLAs
- Collaborate with Director of Sales to build world class client experiences across new business and success that are responsive, scalable and compliant
- Coach Account Managers on live deals and help find answers to nuanced insurance questions that get escalated while actively developing their insurance expertise
- Collaborate with our Ops, Product, and Insurance teams to build new capabilities that provide high quality and hyper-responsive service for our clients
- Capture and deliver customer feedback for cross-functional teams to create new products and experiences
- Produce qualitative and quantitative analysis of Customer Success performance metrics
- Maintain a high-integrity culture that lives our “Do The Right Thing” and “Listen, Challenge, and Learn” values by embedding compliance in everything we do
- Leverage technology to scale our team and meet business demands that are scaling exponentially
- Support learning and career growth for the team providing consistent and clear feedback for all members of the team
- Coach team on selling best practices and ensure the team is hitting sales targets
- 3+ years of managerial experience on a Customer Success, Customer Experience and/or Account Management team, preferably in a high growth environment
- 8+ years of experience in Sales, Customer Success, Account Management, Customer Service, or other related roles
- Experience with org and role design, especially in complex or regulated industries
- Passionate about coaching individuals to reach their full potential
- Dependable, positive and detail-oriented with excellent follow-through skills
- Experience successfully leading with influence and inspiring change in fast-paced cross-functional environments with competing priorities and a high degree of ambiguity
Nice to have:
- Deep Professional Lines P&C expertise
- Experience working for and/or with venture-backed startups
- Active/Current Property and Casualty License
- Knowledge related to risk management and insurance
- Prior experience working in a regulated Fintech or Insurtech business
Vouch believes in putting our people first and building a diverse team is at the front of everything that we do. We welcome people from different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and celebrate the diversity of our growing team.