Insurance... sounds slow, old-fashioned, and unexciting. Exactly. Insurance is broken, and it's failing fast-moving, innovative startups.
Vouch is a new, technology-first insurance company, backed with $100M in funding from world-class investors. Like Stripe for payments or Brex for credit cards, Vouch is creating the go-to business insurance for high growth companies.
We're doing this by making insurance fast, responsive, and focused on our customer -high growth and innovative companies. Instead of printed PDF applications and week-long waits, Vouch is building new technology to solve real problems, writing policies that actually cover relevant startup scenarios, and designing simple experiences in an otherwise frustrating industry.
To deliver on this exciting category-defining product we are seeking creative, motivated, and innovative commercial P&C actuaries to expand our insurance expertise and be part of our growing actuarial organization.
You will play an integral role in shaping our insurance strategy. You will be responsible for delivering innovative actuarial solutions, pricing models and rate plans, reserving analysis, capital modeling, competitor analysis, and data analytics all to support our mission of crafting the best insurance for those building the future.
Specific activities and responsibilities may include:
- Establish and deliver best practices related to key model assumptions, pricing methodology, rate indications, key actuarial philosophies, loss trend analysis, and a return on the capital framework.
- Develop and implement pricing and planning methodologies, evaluate their ongoing effectiveness, and implement necessary changes.
- Development of new pricing models as well as ongoing refinement of existing pricing models.
- Assisting the filing team in preparation of filings and responses to objections.
- Further development of frequent reserve analysis and reporting.
- Embed our risk-adjusted return framework throughout the organization.
- 5+ years of experience as an actuary.
- Experience as a commercial P&C pricing actuary.
- Experience building rate plans and/or experience developing new rating methodologies.
- Adept at bringing creative insurance product ideas to solve ambiguous problems.
- Exceptional communication skills, with an emphasis on real-time interaction, either written or verbal.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple projects with the ability to prioritize high impact work.
Nice to Have:
- ACAS or FCAS
- Data analytics experience
- Reserving experience
- Capital modeling experience
- Exposure to early-stage startups and/or high growth environments
Vouch believes in putting our people first and building a diverse team is at the front of everything that we do. We welcome people from different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and celebrate the diversity of our growing team.