Insurance... sounds slow, old-fashioned, and unexciting. Exactly. Insurance is broken, and it's failing fast-moving, innovative startups.
Vouch is a new, technology-first insurance company backed with $160M in funding from world-class investors. Like Stripe for payments or Brex for credit cards, Vouch is creating the go-to business insurance for high-growth companies.
We're doing this by making insurance fast, responsive, and focused on our customers -high growth and innovative companies. Instead of printed PDF applications and week-long waits, Vouch is building new technology to solve real problems, writing policies that actually cover relevant startup scenarios, and designing simple experiences in an otherwise frustrating industry.
What does a work environment look like at Vouch?
Vouch is looking for a Software Engineer to join our Insurance Platform team. Insurance Platform builds APIs that underwrite, issue, and manage insurance policies. Also under Platform, Vouch’s custom insurance policies are developed and launched on an in-house underwriting and pricing engine, enabling us to launch new insurance products and features in days, not months. You will have the opportunity to contribute critical code that is shaping the fundamental technical and strategic direction of the business.
- Design, build, and maintain OpenAPI-based APIs, with microservice architecture
- Work on the core infrastructure for our Insurance platform, which enables the launching and managing of insurance programs
- Work closely with internal Vouch stakeholders to understand insurance workflows and create flexible solutions
- Collaborate with team members on priorities and technical specifications
You may be a good fit for the role if you:
- Have 5+ years of development experience
- Have experience building distributed systems and APIs as a product or platform
- Are proficient using Node, TypeScript, or Ruby
- Have experience in Postgres or another transactional, relational database system, as well as ability to design schemas
- Have exceptional communication skills. You can effectively talk (and listen) to engineers, designers, product managers, executives, and other stakeholders.
- Have experience with software engineering best practices such as TDD, SOLID, code reviews, A/B testing, etc.
- Have experience with a variety of architectural patterns
Tools & Technologies
- TypeScript, TypeORM, NestJS, Ruby on Rails
- Terraform, Consul, Nomad
- Serverless Framework, Docker
- AWS EventBridge, SNS, SQS, Lambda, AWS API Gateway
Put people first. Serve clients with integrity and excellence. Listen, challenge and grow. Face challenges head-on and win as a team.
These values are at the core of our day to day interactions and are essential attributes for all teammates we bring on board. We live these out in very practical ways in our approach to work, collaboration, work-life balance, and goals. We are people above all else and strive to take care of each other, respect each other, and encourage each other to do our best work together.
Vouch provides a number of benefits to help you bring your best self to work:
- Competitive compensation and equity packages
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- Parental leave
- Flexible vacation time (Unlimited PTO)
- Wellness allowance ($80/month)
- Technology allowance ($100/month)
- Monthly Doordash credits ($80/month)
Vouch believes in putting our people first and building a diverse team is at the front of everything that we do. We welcome people from different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and celebrate the diversity of our growing team.
If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please direct your inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org. #LI-Remote