Insurance... sounds slow, old-fashioned, and unexciting. Exactly. Insurance is broken, and it's failing fast-moving, innovative startups.
Vouch is a new, technology-first insurance company, backed with $100M in funding from world-class investors. Like Stripe for payments or Brex for credit cards, Vouch is creating the go-to business insurance for high growth companies.
We're doing this by making insurance fast, responsive, and focused on our customer -high growth and innovative companies. Instead of printed PDF applications and week-long waits, Vouch is building new technology to solve real problems, writing policies that actually cover relevant startup scenarios, and designing simple experiences in an otherwise frustrating industry.
Building and delivering insurance is complicated. As a vertically integrated Insuretech, it takes planning and coordination across many teams to launch novel insurance products for our customers. Thus, tight coordination across our multi-disciplinary teams is one of our competitive advantages. As the first Technical Program Manager (TPM) at Vouch, you’ll have the unique opportunity to drive and implement foundational practices we will use for managing technical programs. You will initiate, plan and execute cross-team technical programs that are critical to Vouch’s growth. This starts with driving delivery of new features and functionality across the Vouch website, its internal tools, and data systems. You will also drive delivery of Vouch’s security program and architectural roadmap. Finally, you will help everyone at Vouch improve their project management and delivery by coaching peers and sharing your expertise. This role will report directly to the Head of Engineering.
The successful candidate will have a solid track record of program and project management and will have demonstrated excellent leadership, along with superior organizational and communication skills in leading teams and programs to deliver successful outcomes.
- Maintain excellent communication on program status, risks, issues and mitigation plans to stakeholders and management
- Work with Engineering and Product Leadership to drive planning. Establish and track OKRs (Objectives & Key Results) drive prioritization processes, map dependencies, and identify capacity constraints.
- Shepherd large technology programs by coordinating the work of product management, design, engineering, and other functions. This includes our security program, our architectural roadmap, and major product deliverables.
- Manage project schedules, identify risks & dependencies, and establish appropriate resolution paths to meet deadlines
- Ensure compliance with contractual requirements, security policies, and procedures
- Create a collaborative work environment that fosters a shared understanding and transparency, by managing requirements documentation, milestone mapping, prioritization, and communication
- Own the standards, processes, and tools for all technical projects to ensure we use industry best practices. This includes defining the standards for project tracking templates & documentation and owning the development and maintenance of our project management tools
- Coach and mentor others in the best practices of modern planning and execution
- 4+ years professional experience managing technical programs/projects
- B.S./B.A. degree in a technical field, or equivalent practical experience
- Experience driving multiple, concurrent technical initiatives and a demonstrated ability to drive results.
- Direct experience working with software engineering leadership, technical teams and individual contributors
- Track record of developing or improving project management tools
- Knowledge of microservice or service-oriented architecture ecosystems and adequate technical depth
- Ability to quickly adapt to faster pace, shifting priorities, demands, and timelines through analytical and problem-solving capabilities
- Superb organization skills, with impeccable attention to detail.
- An excellent communicator and influencer who can build rapport and work well with various groups and levels of the organization.
- Ability to connect business goals to technical delivery
Nice to have:
- Hands-on software development experience
- Security and/or regulated industry experience
- Familiarity with Asana
Vouch believes in putting our people first and building a diverse team is at the front of everything that we do. We welcome people from different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and celebrate the diversity of our growing team.