Insurance... sounds slow, old-fashioned, and unexciting. Exactly. Insurance is broken, and it's failing fast-moving, innovative startups.
Vouch is a new, technology-first insurance company, backed with $100M in funding from world-class investors. Like Stripe for payments or Brex for credit cards, Vouch is creating the go-to business insurance for high growth companies.
We're doing this by making insurance fast, responsive, and focused on our customer -high growth and innovative companies. Instead of printed PDF applications and week-long waits, Vouch is building new technology to solve real problems, writing policies that actually cover relevant startup scenarios, and designing simple experiences in an otherwise frustrating industry.
The user experience is one of Vouch’s key differentiators. We believe that everyone who is involved in product development should deeply understand the needs and experiences of our customers. As the first User Researcher at Vouch, you’ll have the unique opportunity to drive and implement foundational research programs, connect the business strategy and customer insights, and create exceptional products that will set the bar for the industry. You will also work closely with our Product, Design, Insurance, and Marketing teams to amplify our customer centricity and evolve the business & product strategy for Vouch as a whole. This role will report directly to the Chief Product Officer.
- Prioritize research opportunities to identify and answer the most critical questions about our customers’ needs and journeys in partnership with product, design, marketing, and insurance stakeholders
- Design and execute studies that address both user behavior and attitudes, using the right methodology for the right questions, including lab studies, (remote) field visits, surveys, benchmark studies, support ticket audits, sales call transcript reviews, and online experiments (A/B testing).
- Understand and incorporate complex insurance and risk management requirements into research
- Collaborate closely with other functions (Data Science, Marketing, and Sales) to identify customer behaviors, attitudes, expectations, and values, and uncover new experience opportunities.
- Blend & interpret information across a mix of data sources to develop actionable insights and frameworks that shape how product, marketing, and insurance teams think about product strategy.
- Advocate research findings to diverse audiences through story-telling and written reports that highlight key insights and potential solutions
- Coach and mentor cross-functional partners in the best practices of modern User Research and teach the broader organization how to integrate research into our daily activities.
- 5+ years of experience conducting user research in a fast-paced environment
- Experience designing and conducting research utilizing various methods including contextual inquiry, usability studies, and surveys.
- Strong understanding of the strengths and shortcomings of different research methods, including when and how to apply them during the product development process.
- Ability to plan, design, execute strategic and tactical research engagements while adapting to changing priorities
- Proven track record influencing product direction and strategy with actionable insights
- Excellent communication, presentation, and analytical skills with the ability to communicate concepts clearly to different stakeholders and varying levels of the organization.
- Eager to teach the broader organization how to integrate research into our daily activities.
- Genuine empathy for the people who work at startups and an eagerness to learn about insurance and the importance of risk management to startups
Nice to have:
- SaaS, B2B, or regulated industry experience (such as Fintech)
- Degree in Anthropology, Human-Computer Interaction (HCI), Design, Human Factors, Psychology, Sociology, or related field
- Strong quantitative data analysis chops
Vouch believes in putting our people first and building a diverse team is at the front of everything that we do. We welcome people from different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and celebrate the diversity of our growing team.