Insurance... sounds slow, old-fashioned, and unexciting. Exactly. Insurance is broken, and it's failing fast-moving, innovative startups.
Vouch is a new, technology-first insurance company, backed with $70M in funding from world-class investors. Like Stripe for payments or Brex for credit cards, Vouch is creating the go-to business insurance for startups.
We're doing this by making insurance fast, responsive, and focused on our customer - startup founders. Instead of printed PDF applications and week-long waits, Vouch is building new technology to solve real problems, writing policies that actually cover relevant startup scenarios, and designing simple experiences in an otherwise frustrating industry.
To deliver on this exciting category-defining product we are seeking a creative, motivated and innovative commercial P&C leader to lead key insurance product development efforts.
As a key member of the Insurance Operations team, you will play an integral role in shaping our insurance strategy. You will be responsible for delivering new and innovative insurance product solutions designed to meet the unique needs of Vouch’s customers. More broadly, you will be responsible for building truly innovative insurance products.
Specific activities and responsibilities may include:
- Identify, develop and deliver new insurance product features that are uniquely suitable to Vouch’s customers.
- Develop and maintain a process to ensure ongoing feedback, capture and prioritization of new insurance features (enhancements) and underwriting-driven insurance changes
- Lead coordination across Underwriting, Actuary and Legal & Compliance to deliver new insurance filings or filing updates, including development of implementation guides
- Research and analyze filings, including comparing forms and rating methodologies
- Coordinate and deliver implementation guides outlining the detailed interactions between forms, rates, rules and underwriting guidelines
- Lead new insurance product development and the regular filing update and enhancement process - Coordinate with:
- Underwriting, Actuary and Legal & Compliance
- Business Operations and with the engagement of Engineering, Marketing and Sales
- Lead the coordination and development of new proprietary forms of form updates
- Act as subject matter expert in development of new programs or program improvements
- Maintain strong internal relationships with Underwriting, Actuary, Marketing, Sales, Engineering, Legal & Compliance, Claims and other key stakeholders
- Develop training materials and job aids for Sales and Underwriting related to new insurance products or insurance product improvements
- 5 - 10 years, or more, experience in commercial P&C lines
- Experience developing new insurance products, including form development
- Adept at bringing creative insurance ideas to solve ambiguous problems
- Exceptional communication skills, with an emphasis on real-time interaction, either written or verbal
- Extremely high intellectual curiosity
- Comfortable navigating a large amount of details
- Ability to effectively manage multiple projects with the ability to prioritize high impact work
- Bachelor’s Degree
Nice to Have:
- Startup experience or fast paced environment
- Expert level excel skills
- Diverse background across insurance functions and/or products
- Experience in multiple lines of business
- Exposure to early-stage startups and/or high growth environments
Vouch is proudly an equal opportunity employer and celebrates the diversity of it’s growing team.