We make healthy cells invisible to targeted therapies
Targeted therapies work by attacking cells that express particular proteins on their surface. Unfortunately, both diseased and healthy cells often express the same proteins, resulting in collateral damage to healthy cells.
At Vor Bio, we engineer hematopoietic stem cells (HSCs) to lack a biologically redundant target protein, then transplant these cells into the patient.
These eHSCs give rise to generations of new healthy blood cells that are effectively invisible to targeted therapies. Diseased cells displaying the target protein and are then vulnerable to attack. This process potentially broadens the therapeutic window and improves the utility of complementary targeted therapies.
What we value in our fellow Voracians
Passion: Enthusiastically driving our science toward innovative medicines
Fellowship: Fostering genuine bonds of collaboration and mentorship
Humility: Acting selflessly by putting the collective mission first
Who we are looking for:
The CMMS and Systems Specialist will support GXP and non GXP operations; establish, maintain, and ensure consistent application of key Facilities software systems such as (CMMS, BAS, EMS and Access Control) This role will support the authoring of procedures for department operations, maintenance, and calibration functions and drive change control process for the department. The CMMS and Systems Specialist will also provide support services for general building maintenance for lab and office space, equipment, furniture, and fixtures. This position is reports to the Head of Facilities.
This role shall collaborate and partner with IT & S to evaluate software systems annually; including, but not limited to: Asset Management, Work Management, Preventive Maintenance, Materials Management, Labor Records, Task and Procedures Management, Parts and Equipment Purchasing, System Software and Hardware Management.
Key areas of responsibilities:
- Receive, and process work order requests in the CMMS related to maintenance, calibration and/or repair work for proper documentation.
- Collaborate with IT&S to ensure key software systems listed are routinely backed up and data retention is maintained for auditing or for purpose of business continuity.
- Operate and monitor environmental monitoring, building automation and access controls systems to ensure system(s) are performing optimally.
- Generate and retain routine and adhoc reports as required or needed.
- Order parts, supplies, and equipment from catalogs and suppliers for routine and corrective maintenance and calibration
- Manage and maintain equipment files in accordance with SOPs
- Schedule and assist vendors/contractors in completing work as required
- On Call for equipment alarms and during times of extreme weather events
- Required to work afterhours when essential
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand English
- Basic knowledge of plumbing, electricity (low-medium) and mechanical equipment
- Basic hands-on knowledge of plumbing, painting, custodial practices, carpentry, and snow removal.
- Basic hand tools and reliable mode of transportation
- Ability to climb and do work off a ladder
- Ability to lift 50 lbs.
- Working knowledge of applicable compliance regulations (i.e. OSHA, State, Local)
- Willingness to adapt to changes in task assignments and ability to multi-task
- Average interpersonal and communication skill sets
- Other duties as assigned
Skills and requirements:
- High school or equivalent
- Facilities Maintenance: 6 years
- Strong troubleshooting skills a must
- Experience working in a GXP environment preferred
- Experience with Building Automation, Computerized Maintenance (Blue Mountain preferred), Access Control and Environmental Monitoring Systems.
- Ability to interact with a diverse mix of individuals across all levels of the organization
By becoming a team member here at Vor, you’ll have access to competitive health, dental, and vision coverage, as well as life insurance, and short term and long-term disability insurance. We value work life balance, you'll benefit from discretionary time off, parental leave, and an excellent 401(k) package. We also offer a generous transportation stipend to commute as you wish. We are conveniently located in
Cambridge with easy access to public transportation and ample parking.
As an equal opportunity employer, we at Vor Bio know that diversity inspires innovation, inclusiveness, and creativity. We invite you to come as you are. All applicants will be considered for employment agnostic to race, age, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
In an effort to protect our coworkers and communities from COVID-19, where permitted by law Vor Biopharma Inc. requires all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and up to date with their vaccination unless they receive an approved reasonable accommodation for medical or religious reasons.
Please visit our website at https://www.vorbio.com/ for more information.