We make healthy cells invisible to targeted therapies
Targeted therapies work by attacking cells that express particular proteins on their surface. Unfortunately, both diseased and healthy cells often express the same proteins, resulting in collateral damage to healthy cells.
At Vor Bio, we engineer hematopoietic stem cells (HSCs) to lack a biologically redundant target protein, then transplant these cells into the patient.
These eHSCs give rise to generations of new healthy blood cells that are effectively invisible to targeted therapies. Diseased cells displaying the target protein and are then vulnerable to attack. This process potentially broadens the therapeutic window and improves the utility of complementary targeted therapies.
What we value in our fellow Voracians
Passion: Enthusiastically driving our science toward innovative medicines
Fellowship: Fostering genuine bonds of collaboration and mentorship
Humility: Acting selflessly by putting the collective mission first
Who we are looking for:
Vor Bio is seeking a Manager for the QC group based in Cambridge, MA. The individual will coordinate daily laboratory activities including the environmental monitoring program, product testing, and personnel training. This highly visible position will lead environmental data trending and reporting as well as QC investigations. This person will also lead lab improvement projects and serve as the QC representative at multidepartment projects. Additional activities may include implementation of analytical methods and equipment management. This position reports to the Quality Control Associate Director.
Key areas of responsibilities:
- Day to day oversight of laboratory operations including the EM program and analytical testing
- Support aseptic gowning training and qualification
- Perform data review and trending
- Generate CoAs for product release
- Support analytical method lifecycle including transfer, qualification, and validation
- Author, review, and approve SOPs, protocols, and reports
- Assist with change controls, deviations, QC investigations, and CAPAs
- Gather metric information for use in continuous improvement of lab operations
- Support sample and material management in the QC laboratory
Skills and requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in relevant scientific discipline
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience in Quality Control or laboratory operations
- Must have experience with environmental monitoring and aseptic gowning
- Supervisory experience including testing scheduling and personnel training is highly valuable
- Experience with safety tests such as sterility, mycoplasma, and/or endotoxin is desirable
- Ability to communicate clearly and enjoy working in a team environment
- Ability to work cross functionally and autonomously
- Experience with cell-based therapies is highly valuable
By becoming a team member here at Vor, you’ll have access to competitive health, dental, and vision coverage, as well as life insurance, and short term and long-term disability insurance. We value work life balance, you'll benefit from discretionary time off, parental leave, and an excellent 401(k) package. We also offer a generous transportation stipend to commute as you wish. We are conveniently located in
Cambridge with easy access to public transportation and ample parking.
As an equal opportunity employer, we at Vor Bio know that diversity inspires innovation, inclusiveness, and creativity. We invite you to come as you are. All applicants will be considered for employment agnostic to race, age, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
In an effort to protect our coworkers and communities from COVID-19, where permitted by law Vor Biopharma Inc. requires all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and up to date with their vaccination unless they receive an approved reasonable accommodation for medical or religious reasons.
Please visit our website at https://www.vorbio.com/ for more information.