Vonage Marketing Mission
We are a highly creative, energetic and results-oriented organization that produces and delivers the content Vonage needs to entice, educate, engage with and sell to customers around the world. We connect with the external marketplace through all media including print, digital and social. Our team leverages deep industry, market and customer data into actionable insights and marketing strategies. We are creative and collaborative, striving to translate how Vonage’s products and services can meet the needs of our current and future customers.
As a wholly-owned subsidiary of Ericsson, Vonage is breaking new ground and pioneering an exciting new category. Together with Ericsson, we are shaping the future of communications and redefining the value of CPaaS for enterprises, app developers and Communication Service Providers (CSPs aka Telecom Providers) by exposing and delivering advanced network capabilities from within the 5G network to drive new, innovative applications and bring future use cases to life, today.
Why this role matters
A newly created role with multiple stakeholders and expectations of quick market acceptance and growth, the successful candidate must have mastery of a range of leadership and individual contributor skills across traditional product marketing as well as broader marketing disciplines. This role will lead - and continue to build - a team of marketers to deliver all phases of go-to-market from vision and strategy to messaging, content and commercialization. As we are building a new category, the successful candidate must have commanding messaging and communication skills to bring the vision to life through compelling thought leadership, champion and evangelize our differentiated position in writing and spoken word, lead content creation and promotional efforts to accelerate awareness, and drive demand across numerous customer categories and personas.
IF THIS SOUNDS CHALLENGING AND REWARDING, CONTINUE READING BELOW...
What you'll do
Reporting directly to Vonage CMO, this highly visible role will be responsible for category creation, go-to-market strategies, plans, roadmaps, content and commercialization for one of the most critical portfolio areas of both Vonage and Ericsson to drive adoption of APIs into the CSP and ASP space. A compelling strategist and storyteller, with a maniacal focus on execution, you will help position us as a first mover and develop advanced use cases and applications that bring to life new monetization opportunities for CSPs (Telecoms) and app developers while also engaging enterprises with the untapped opportunities now available through advanced network APIs. You will also have a passion for enablement to ensure our partners and field are fully ready to evangelize and promote our offerings.
- Lead and continue to build a team of Product and Content Marketers who own the complete go-to-market for this exciting new category
- Leverage your personal marketing powers (as an individual contributor within your own team) to support category creation via thought leadership marketing and evangelism
- Bring leadership experience and Marketing best practices to help the team continue their evolution toward becoming world-class
- Work closely with teammates across both Vonage and Ericsson to help refine strategy and go-to-market planning and execution for the new category / offers
- Engage with Product Management, Sales and Partner/Alliance within both Vonage and Ericsson to understand new products, new business initiatives and other market changes that require evolution in Product Marketing support
- Build effective go-to-market strategies based on market and competitive analysis with input from sales, customers, partners, analysts, etc.
- Develop a variety of thought leadership and category creation materials including: presentations, e-books, whitepapers and case studies; partner to develop product demos, training videos, etc for sales enablement and marketing teams
- Develop category and product positioning, messaging and value propositions to position Vonage/Ericsson differentiators in the market as well as building this knowledge into our partner and field enablement tools/content
- Work collaboratively with AR/PR, integrated marketing, demand gen, field and partner marketing for the launch of new products, features, and releases aligned to the target audiences
- Support integrated GTM by providing ongoing guidance to creative, media, communications, Web and field teams to ensure effective market coverage occurs in a consistent and orchestrated fashion
- Serve as key contributor to various analyst reports, briefings and submissions as the SME for the core portfolio and participate in industry events as evangelist, spokesperson, trainer and / or facilitator
- Work collaboratively with global partner alliance teams, product management, engineering and sales to influence the product roadmap
- Educate Product team of customer usage models, requirements, feedback and customer satisfaction/NPS to measure performance and utilization of existing and new functionality & features
- Meet with internal partners (Alliances, Sales, Customer Care, etc.) to understand and prioritize their needs to inform the product road mapping process
What you'll bring
- Technical savvy and expertise in technology related industries particularly in the API and telecommunication space.
- Experience leading professional teams and demonstrated excellence in the Product Marketing function
- Experience in category creation, thought leadership and evangelism
- Experience in building out a platform ecosystem and global experience
- Experience with partner/alliance GTM models - e.g., ecosystem selling, co-brand, white label
- Experience marketing solutions via partners, including CSPs and ASPs
- Advanced understanding of the full range of marketing channels available to make Vonage products more visible, accessible and appealing to current and potential customers.
- Strong understanding of how partnerships and alliances work to the mutual benefit of Vonage and partner companies.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, including writing, speaking and listening.
- Ability to:
- Consult with business leaders on product marketing and operational issues, trends and challenges.
- Engage with internal and external stakeholders to clarify business and performance expectations.
- Apply judgment to prioritize activity and address the most pressing partner / marketing needs.
- Integrate trends, data and information into forecasts, plans, models and recommendations.
What's required for application
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Marketing or related field.
- 20+ years in product marketing, Marketing Communications or related field
- Direct experience working with CSPs (Telecoms)
- Time in seat leading professional teams
- Knowledge of the cloud communications industry (UCaaS/ CCaaS and /or APIs)
What's in it for you
In addition to providing exciting work, career advancement opportunities, and a collaborative work environment, Vonage provides competitive pay and benefits including unlimited discretionary time off and tuition reimbursement.
Note: The purpose of this profile is to provide a general summary of essential responsibilities for the position and is not meant as an exhaustive list. Assignments may differ for individuals within the same role based on business conditions, departmental need or geographic location.