Compliance Risk & Assurance Manager
Why this role matters:
Following the acquisition of Vonage by Ericsson, an exciting opportunity has arisen to create the newly formed Vonage Risk Advisory and Assurance (VRA) team. This team was previously heavily Internal Audit focused but now has a broader scope and responsibility across risk, assurance and compliance activities.
As part of the VRA team you will be the compliance subject matter resource (SMR) responsible for identifying and assessing compliance related vulnerabilities, leading and undertaking Compliance Assurance reviews across the Company, and ensuring that processes are operating in compliance with internal policy and procedure as well as regulatory requirements; State, Federal and Global (predominantly US, UK, EU). This is a newly created role which you will have the opportunity to shape and grow by applying your experience and knowledge.
The Compliance Risk & Assurance Manager will work collaboratively with the Compliance Officer and General Counsel Team on common objectives to achieve compliance, in particular sharing insights from reviews and providing continual compliance risk advisory.
What You Will Do:
- Collaborating with the Compliance Officer and General Counsel team to understand and assess the Compliance risk universe
- Define the Compliance Assurance program
- Conduct end to end compliance assurance reviews with reference to the company’s policies and procedures:
- Determine scope, definition and work plan
- Conduct compliance assurance meetings with stakeholders
- Prepare and conduct test strategies, review and analyze documents and reports
- Produce high quality written reports summarizing outcomes, findings and recommendations
- Present compliance assurance findings and recommendations to Management
- Monitor remediation of corrective action
- Recommend improvements to internal operational process and financial control structures as required
- Support the business in implementing process / control improvements as required
- Participate in an advisory capacity to incorporate real-time insights and recommendations into major projects, initiatives, and organizational changes as related to compliance matters
- Identify opportunities to incorporate and leverage data analytics to more effectively and efficiently achieve VRA objectives and deliver greater insights for business improvement
- Participate in other VRA risk advisory, reviews, special projects or investigations as required
- Support the VP, VRA / Compliance Officer with external audits as required
- Build good relationships with internal team members and external auditors sharing insights gained from review across the team as needed
What you’ll bring;
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in relevant field
- 5+ years of related experience
- Law Degree desirable but not essential
- Proven Compliance Assurance experience
- Knowledge of a range of common regulatory requirements, whether State, Federal or Global, such as those related to trade compliance, anti-bribery and corruption, FCPA, ADA/WCAG, GDPR, and various HR/employment related regulations desirable
- Internal audit / compliance assurance qualifications
- Experience of working with team members at all levels within an organization
- Experience in business transformation initiatives is a strong plus
- Strong analytical thinking and organizational skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong report writing skills (including statistical analysis/data analytics is desirable)
- Strong attention to detail
- Able to prioritize and plan in a time efficient manner, including managing multiple projects at one time
- Technology and/or Telecoms industry experience desirable
What's in it for you
In addition to providing exciting work, career advancement opportunities, and a collaborative work environment, Vonage provides competitive pay and benefits including unlimited discretionary time off and tuition reimbursement.
Note: The purpose of this profile is to provide a general summary of essential responsibilities for the position and is not meant as an exhaustive list. Assignments may differ for individuals within the same role based on business conditions, departmental need or geographic location.