Vonage Engineering Mission:
We embody the notion of be what’s next now! We envision, develop and manage technology to connect the world. Our team brings excellence, passion, creativity and curiosity to the job. We look at the business environment and technologies in new and challenging ways, striving to develop and deliver integrated whole-system solutions to meet our customers’ ever-changing needs.
Why this role matters:
The Engineering team at Vonage is a fast growing group of talented engineers. Our Engineers face multiple challenges associated with high performance, distributed systems, and processing large volumes of data in real time.
The team is looking for a Java Backend Developer to help us improve the experience of onboarding Partners and providing tools for them to manage the complete lifecycle of the customer journey.
This is a cross-functional position, you will be involved in modifying existing systems across the company, and creating new microservices from scratch.
What you will do:
- Contribute to the implementation of APIs and Backend services.
- Contribute to existing Backend Systems.
- Design and Implement new Microservices.
- Assisting with in-life maintenance, testing, debugging and documentation of deployed services.
- Set high standards to ensure the delivery of secure, high quality, well-tested and scalable. software to meet customer and business requirements.
- Full Software Development Lifecycle from requirements to deployment and operation in production.
What you will bring
- 3+ years of Java/Kotlin Development Experience (Spring Boot / Micronaut).
- Experience with Relational and NoSQL databases.
- Cloud experience (ideally AWS).
- Ability to pick up new software, frameworks and APIs quickly.
- Understanding of monitoring, systems provisioning, networking.
- Strong focus on Testing.
- Entrepreneur Mindset.