Job Profile: Senior Tax Analyst
Vonage Finance Mission
We are a critical player in contributing to both short-term and long-term business decisions. We oversee and provide timely and accurate financial information across the organization, to leaders, decision-makers and external stakeholders. We protect company assets, both real and intangible, and ensure financial compliance with country, state and local laws. We serve as an indispensable business partner on topics requiring economic, financial and fiduciary inputs and expertise.
Why this job matters
We are seeking an experienced tax professional for non-income tax compliance with an emphasis on sales and use tax and telecommunication taxes. The primary responsibilities for this position are to maintain up-to-date awareness of potential state law changes and their impact to the business. This professional will also establish strong partner relations with the operating subsidiaries in order to keep abreast of businesses changes and communicate how they may impact various tax positions
IF THIS SOUNDS LIKE YOU, CONTINUE READING BELOW…….
What you will do
- Oversight of the entire indirect and telecommunication tax process which is outsourced to a third-party preparer and facilitator
- Prepare monthly transactional tax journal entries
- Prepare / review tax account reconciliations
- Support the indirect and telecommunications sales and use tax audits with the assistance the third party
- Prepare monthly Canadian CRCT filings and journal entries and reconcile respective accounts
- Prepare monthly Canadian GST filings and associated journal entries and reconcile respective accounts
- Assist and support in gathering and compiling allocation and apportionment information for preparation of the state income tax compliance.
- Review ASC 450 calculations and memo’s prepared by third party
- Oversee VAT compliance reporting
- Prepare annual compliance for 65 City Returns
- Prepare all property tax returns
- Prepare Annual Report Filings
- Manage tax compliance calendar
What you will bring
- Strong knowledge of indirect state and local tax laws and their application in tax return preparation.
- Understanding of Vonage taxation philosophy, policies and objectives.
- Strong interpersonal skills and communication skills.
- A positive customer service attitude.
- Ability to:
- Recognize and act on inconsistencies in data.
- Apply analytical skills to evaluate and interpret complex tax situations.
- Integrate trends, data and information into forecasts, plans, models and recommendations.
- Provide guidance to managers on tax and related accounting practices.
What is required of you:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance or related field.
- Minimum 7 years’ prior Sales & Use Tax experience
- Advance level proficiency in Excel
- Multitask in a fast pace environment
- CPA or equivalent certification
- Telecommunication transaction tax experience
- Experience with 3rd party tax packages especially those provided by Avalara or Vertex
What is in it for you:
In addition to providing exciting work, career advancement opportunities, and a collaborative work environment, Vonage provides competitive pay and benefits including unlimited discretionary time off and tuition reimbursement.