Senior Product Manager - Compliance & Security
Vonage Product Management Mission: We bridge technology and the business needs to deliver new products and services to the market. We imagine the future and orchestrate cross-functional efforts to bring it to life. We apply business understanding, customer knowledge, and competitive awareness to collaborate with and lead efforts to envision, design, develop and execute state-of-the-art products and features. Our output changes the communications game through SMS & Messaging.
Why this role matters
As Vonage API Platform global communication networks and channels grow the greater the need for implementing regulation changes, security excellence and fraud management to stop bad actors using our platform.
We are looking for a Technical Product Manager to enable us to become compliant and also look at opportunities to productise our compliance capabilities to enable growth of the business.
This is a pivotal role in the Product Team working transversely with our Product Managers and business owners to solve and assist in the implementation of software Security, Regulations and Compliance requirements.
We are looking for a technical Security or Compliance expert wanting to expand their experience and grow into a critical role covering all areas supporting all products that have security, regulatory or compliance requirements.
What you'll do:
- Own the strategy of Vonage data privacy and protection roadmap
by working with Carrier, Security, Legal, and individual Product Managers to provide technical solutions and manage delivery
- Own and deliver roadmap, with individual Product Managers, key enterprise certification such as ISO27001, SOC2, HIPAA, GDPR, PCI (over channels such as voice) and other relevant certifications
- Create and manage the processes to manage regulatory requests across the business with communications working coordinating with individual Product Managers with delivery
- Assist with identifying technical solutions to address regularity or security requirements
- Subject matter expert on local telecoms regulations globally, fraud attack vectors and compliance requirements
- Design and monitor control systems to deal with violations of legal rules and internal policies
- Working with DevSecOps teams to regularly assess the efficiency of control systems and recommend effective improvements
What you'll bring
- Experience working on-the-ground delivering compliance solutions for SaaS providers or similar services
- Technical knowledge of complex software systems, understanding of software development and processes within security and compliance realm
- Ability to work with different stakeholders across the business from software Engineers through to Finance, Security, Legal and Operations teams
What is required for the application
- Strong knowledge and experience in areas including Risk and Compliance, Cloud Security, DevSecOps, Application Security
- Previous experience of working with engineers to identify and implement security and compliance fixes and solutions
- Strong knowledge in data protection and compliance, security-oriented cloud services, security analytics, and threat detection
- Proven experience working as a business subject matter expert or in a technical capacity within compliance
- Minimum 3 years experience in a relevant sector and function
- Minimum 3 years of Product or Operational Management experience
- Understanding of databases (MySQL), SQL queries and data schemas
- In-depth knowledge of telecom industry’s compliance and regulations
- Experience in cloud industry (CPaaS preferred)
- Computer Science degree or similar technical qualification or BSc/BA in law, finance, business administration or related field
- Excellent knowledge of reporting procedures and record keeping
- Methodical and diligent with outstanding planning abilities
- An analytical mind able to “see” the complexities of procedures and regulations
- Certified compliance professional is a plus
- Experience with Agile methodologies & tools (e.g. Scrum, Kanban)
- Experience using Jira, Confluence and project management tools
- Able to work with data in formats such as CSV, XML, JSON, etc.