Vonage Marketing Mission
We are a highly creative, energetic and results-oriented organization that produces and delivers the content Vonage needs to entice, educate, engage with and sell to customers around the world. We connect with the external marketplace through all media including print, digital and social. Our team leverages deep industry, market and customer data into actionable insights and marketing strategies. We are creative and collaborative, striving to translate how Vonage’s products and services can meet the needs of our current and future customers.
Why this role matters
The Director, Internal and Executive Communications is a self-motivated, high energy relationship builder who is proficient at storytelling, an excellent writer who knows how to capture the voice of an executive, and who can come up with creative and innovative ideas and ways to inform, motivate, delight and engage employees through multiple channels. This person will need to not only communicate the strategy in clear and persuasive terms to internal constituencies but also translate this strategy into specific opportunities for internal staff members.
This is a hands-on, individual contributor role that will also directly support the CEO’s communications by proactively preparing a variety of communications and thought leadership materials including building strategy decks, writing compelling and clear positioning pieces (blogs, employee messages, presentation decks, investor notes, etc) and preparing briefing and support materials for various engagements. Support other execs as needed.
As a critical member of the Communications team reporting to the Vice President of Corporate Communications and working in tandem with other communications leaders, this position will collaborate and ensure alignment of messaging between internal and external communications, as well as investor relations.
IF THIS SOUNDS LIKE YOU, CONTINUE READING BELOW...
What you'll do
- Build and execute a strategy to effectively communicate and support Vonage’s corporate mission and core values to over 2,000 team members across the globe.
- The strategy should include a long-term communication plan that brings Vonage’s culture to life while also aligning with the business goals and key stakeholders’ needs.
- Own and drive engagement across employee channels and internal events, including company-wide All-Hands Meetings, executive Q&As, the company intranet,, and manager toolkits
- Partner closely with, Finance/Investor Relations and HR teams on company-wide communications, such as company milestones, financial results, product announcements, and company-wide initiatives
- Lead change management communications
- Writing content for all CEO employee communications, including town hall meetings, written content, and other channels used for engaging Vonage employees.
- Drafting concise yet thorough briefing materials used to prepare the CEO for engagements including writing speeches and talking points for external events and public engagements and developing comprehensive powerpoint presentations.
- Collaborate with external agency supporting strategic CEO communications and content.
What you'll bring
- Strong business acumen with demonstrated ability to connect business objectives and communications strategies.
- Experience in engaging senior executives – defining their communications priorities, providing strategic communications counsel, demonstrating courage to challenge positions and influence outcomes.
- Exceptional writing skills and the proven ability to quickly digest complex (sometimes highly technical ) information and deliver content clearly, succinctly and accurately for a variety of audiences.
- A self-starter who is comfortable crafting and implementing communications strategies for internal audiences.
- Must be a team player with demonstrated ability to work collaboratively.
- Ability to work quickly and under pressure when news needs to be communicated to internal audiences.
- Proven track record of developing and maintaining relationships with individuals at all organizational levels.
What's required for application
- BA or BS in Communication, English, Public Relations or similar discipline.
- 12-15 years of progressive experience in internal communications, corporate communications or related positions. Proven ability to work closely with a variety of disciplines including engineering and technical /product teams.
- History of working for publicly traded fast-growing companies; experience managing and driving several projects simultaneously.
- High level of proficiency with G-Suite, in particular presentation preparation.
- Strong professional copywriting and editing skills for a variety of audiences/media preferred.
- Some travel will be required.
What's in it for you
In addition to providing exciting work, career advancement opportunities, and a collaborative work environment, Vonage provides competitive pay and benefits including unlimited discretionary time off and tuition reimbursement.
Note: The purpose of this profile is to provide a general summary of essential responsibilities for the position and is not meant as an exhaustive list. Assignments may differ for individuals within the same role based on business conditions, departmental need or geographic location.