Java Developer - VGIS
Vonage Engineering Mission: Vonage is the emerging leader in the $100B+ cloud communications platform (CPaaS) market. Customers like Airbnb, Viber, Whatsapp, Snapchat, and many others depend on our APIs and SDKs to connect with their customers all over the world. As businesses continue to shift to a real-time, customer-centric communications model, we are experiencing a time of impressive growth.
Why this role matters
The Java Developer will play a key role in our VGIS team. VGIS (Vonage Integration Suite) is a productivity platform that integrates customer’s cloud based CRMs, productivity and collaboration suites with Vonage communication platform.
The VGIS team provides productivity solutions to integrate with CRMs. There is no other such product in the market which can compete in terms of custom features provided by VGIS products.
We are looking for someone who is self-motivated, organized, and a team player with a technical background in Java, Spring Boot, AWS & Kubernetes.
What you will do
- Independently design, develop, test, maintain and document moderately complex cloud-based services, software systems and applications.
- Collaborate with analysts, peers and other stakeholders on projects to develop highly complex systems.
- Estimate software development tasks within predictable variances, ensuring alignment with specified functional and business requirements.
- Handle a full application development cycle, from requirements to production.
- Write end-to-end automated tests to provide code coverage for business-critical components.
- Ensure quality, performance and adherence to established specifications.
- Identify variances and recommend steps for resolution.
- Present system alterations and designs to peers and colleagues.
What you will bring:
- Strong experience with Spring Boot, Java and the latest technologies such as AWS, SQS, Terraform, micro-service architecture, MongoDB, Kubernetes, NodeJS, CI/CD and Python.
- Experience Building RESTful APIs
- Experience with Linux
- Experience with Object Oriented Design Principles.
- Experience with version control systems like Git, SVN etc
- Experience with Code coverage tools
- Ability to:
- Apply analytical skills to evaluate and interpret complex technical and system problems.
- Confidently see a project through from beginning to end.
- Work effectively with technical and non-technical people.
- Independently tackle technical challenges.
What is required for application
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or related field.
- Prior experience (5+ years) in a Software Engineering position.
- Experience in Agile software development methodology: Scrum, Kanban, etc.