Vonage is the emerging leader in the $100B+ cloud communications platform (CPaaS) market. Customers like Airbnb, Viber, Whatsapp, Snapchat, and many others depend on our APIs and SDKs to connect with their customers all over the world. As businesses continue to shift to a real-time, customer-centric communications model, we are experiencing a time of impressive growth.
Why this role matters
As a Full Stack Developer Solutions Engineer, you will assist our customers or prospective clients with their communication API implementation project by providing code reviews, best practices workshops, sample apps and demos. You may be brought in as a trusted advisor into meetings in which the customer or prospect is looking for technical guidance or validation of their implementation of our products. You will work with our Product team to test Early Access Products providing feedback that will help shape the early access experience for our customers. Vonage prides itself on innovation and encourages this from all employees. In this role, you will have the chance to do just that! If your invention qualifies, you will have the opportunity to file your invention with the US Patent office and be recognized for it through the Vonage Patent Award program. It may even be picked up by our Product team
IF THIS SOUNDS LIKE YOU, CONTINUE READING BELOW...
What you'll do
- Build and maintain demos, quick start samples, example apps
- Participate in customer code reviews to help diagnose issues with the implementation of our products particularly our Video API and SDKs
- Build and document reference applications based on in-demand use cases so our customers can use them as a starting point
- Write blog posts and tutorials based on demos or reference applications that you’ve produced
- Work closely with Sale Account Managers, Sales Engineers and Solutions Managers
- Host best practices workshops tailored to the use of our products
What's required for application
- BSc or MSc degree in Computer Science, or equivalent in-depth practical experience
- Ability to collaborate with team members who are distributed across the globe
- 3+ years professional development experience as a full stack developer
- Experience in writing technical documentation or tutorials for a developer audience
- Knowledge of Git and GitHub (or similar collaborative platforms)
- Ability to communicate best practices and solutions recommendations in-person, video conference, or email
- Proficient in WebRTC and related technologies
- Experience building applications in Node.js
- One or more OO languages: Python, PHP, or Ruby.
- Experience working with RESTful APIs
- CPaaS/Communication APIs
- Relational databases / SQL
Nice to have
- DevOps in AWS
- Experience in other programming languages
- Experience with Frameworks such as React / Vue
- Mobile development experience
What's in it for you
In addition to providing exciting work, career advancement opportunities, and a collaborative work environment, Vonage provides competitive pay and benefits including unlimited discretionary time off and tuition reimbursement.
Note: The purpose of this profile is to provide a general summary of essential responsibilities for the position and is not meant as an exhaustive list. Assignments may differ for individuals within the same role based on business conditions, departmental need or geographic location.