- Organization: Vonage API Group
- Location: UK & Europe (remote)
- Travel requirements: Light to medium travel (worldwide) (post pandemic)
Vonage Product Management Mission: Vonage API is the emerging leader in the $100B+ cloud communications platform (CPaaS) market. Customers like Airbnb, Viber, TikTok, Snapchat, and many others depend on our APIs and SDKs to connect with their customers all over the world. As businesses continue to shift to a real-time, customer-centric communications model, we are experiencing a time of impressive growth.
Why this role matters
We are looking for a Manager, Developer Relations to join us and support an awesome remote team of globally distributed Developer Advocates. You and your team will help developers discover, implement, and succeed with our Communication APIs (Messaging, Voice and Video).
What you will do
- Managing, coaching, and mentoring a remote team of globally distributed Developer Advocates, enabling them to do their best work.
- Creating and executing a data-driven developer content strategy to attract, educate, and inspire developers using the whole suite of Vonage APIs.
- Working with the community team to execute our developer event strategy.
- Collaborate with Product, Engineering, Marketing, Sales, and other colleagues to improve our developer experience, source great content ideas, and coordinate events.
- As a player-coach you will also join your team in:
- Attending and speaking at events (e.g. conferences, meetups, hackathons), online and in person, once it is safe to do so.
- Creating developer-focused content (e.g. blog posts, tutorials, videos, presentations, live streams, sample code, demo apps courses, demo apps, sample code)
- Engaging with our communities both in-person and online (e.g. StackOverflow, and Slack) to understand their needs and collect feedback on how to improve our developer experience.
- Working with prospective and existing customers, including those in our startup program, to help them accelerate adoption of the Vonage APIs.
Who you are
- 4 years+ experience as a Developer Advocate or in a similar role in a related API/SaaS technology field.
- Experience managing a successful developer advocacy team or equivalent experience.
- Experience in creating developer content for audiences of varying levels of skill.
- A track record of regular content publishing, either as part of a previous job or on your own personal channels.
- Experience with public speaking (e.g. at meetups, developer conferences)
- Experience in working within cross-functional teams (product, marketing, customer success, etc).
- You are a strong communicator who can explain complex technical concepts both in writing and in person.
- You are always on top of emerging technologies, languages, frameworks, ready to find new ways to help developers succeed.
- You thrive working in a remote team across a variety of timezones.
- You are driven by empathy for your team, your community and your peers.
What is in it for you
- Unlimited paid annual leave
- Flexible working hours
- Company pension
- Work laptop
- Life assurance
- Income Protection
- Cycle to work scheme
- Payroll Giving for Charities
- Train Season Ticket Loan
- Private Medical
- Dental & Eye Cover
- Gym Membership Loan
- Enhanced Maternity and Paternity Leave
- Career progression
- Industry conferences
- Free snacks and food
- Breakout areas include Play Station, foosball table, pool table, table tennis, meditation room and sleeping pods
- Pet-friendly office
- Secure bicycle storage
- Discounts in London attractions
- Social meetups, i.e. Hackathons, Christmas party, etc
Potential Next Career Move: Senior Manager, Developer Relations