Vonage Marketing Mission
We are a highly creative, energetic and results-oriented organization that produces and delivers the content Vonage needs to entice, educate, engage with and sell to customers around the world. We connect with the external marketplace through all media including print, digital and social. Our team leverages deep industry, market and customer data into actionable insights and marketing strategies. We are creative and collaborative, striving to translate how Vonage’s products and services can meet the needs of our current and future customers.
Why this role matters
Reporting to the CMO, this individual will serve as Chief of Staff and bring strong project management, strategic planning and financial and datal acumen to the marketing team. Exceptionally organized and detail oriented, this person will serve as the business operations lead and trusted partner to the CMO to ensure the marketing team is operating efficiently and moving towards the set strategy. This includes working very closely with the CMO and her team to drive the priorities for the business, work through critical issues, document and set shared goals with cross-functional organizational leaders, and accumulate required information for the executive to facilitate efficient decision making. The person will be very proficient in crafting executive reports, presentations and communication for the CMO, preparing data, analytics and budget summaries for the Marketing team, and experience with multiple areas of marketing including demand generation, marketing operations and campaigns.
IF THIS SOUNDS LIKE YOU, CONTINUE READING BELOW...
What you'll do
- Management Process and Budgeting - Run the marketing business management system. Support the delivery of Marketing priorities through strategic project planning and management, monthly / quarterly / annual operating reporting, and budgeting. S/he will be accountable for generating metrics, developing governance standards, driving process planning and mapping and ensuring optimal effectiveness balanced against optimal budget. Establish and maintain a Marketing Scorecard. Create cadence for and manage bi-weekly / monthly / quarterly team meetings in partnership with HR, Finance and Communications as needed. Partners closely with the Executive Assistant to the CMO.
- Reporting and Presentations - Develop a key set of reports and analytics for the marketing organization. Provide insights and analysis on trends and opportunities across the marketing organization to drive greater effectiveness. Prepare executive presentations and communications.
- Strategy, Planning & Execution - Support the CMO in aligning strategic level marketing projects and programs across all Global Marketing and teams, including: Field Marketing, Product Marketing, Demand Generation, Content Marketing, Web, Brand, and Communications and Events. Proactively collaborate with ELT partners across the enterprise to drive execution against the most critical marketing priorities. Develop multi-year roadmap with specific actions needed to achieve goals across the enterprise. Ensure that funding and resources are prioritized and committed to achieve strategic goals and desired outcomes. Monitor whether actions achieved intended goals and revise future strategy and plans accordingly.
- Strategic Initiatives - Leads multiple strategic initiatives to drive strategy and value creation across the enterprise. Interfaces with and convenes with multiple parts of the organization (Business lines, HR, Legal, business intelligence and Strategy ) to drive cross-business collaboration and achievement of shared goals.
- Operating Model Work stream Leadership - In partnership with the HR lead, drives work streams to provide clarity and drive operationalization of an enhanced marketing operating model. Initial focus areas will be decision rights, organizational structure, management process and governance.
What you'll bring
- Undergraduate degree in Marketing, Finance or related field required. MBA preferred. 10+ years experience working in strategy, consulting, marketing and/or operations roles within large, global, multifaceted organizations
- Exceptional attention to detail, even under urgent or high-pressure circumstances
- Highest level of integrity and stellar judgement; trustworthy, credible and non-political
- A self-starter who can take pieces of information, “roll up their sleeves,” and translate into actionable parts
- Ability to establish strong working relationships across all levels, from executives to new hires
- Thorough understanding of finance, systems and HR; broad experience with the full range of marketing functions and systems, including strategic development and planning, budgeting, business analysis and marketing
- Exceptional organizational abilities and demonstrated excellence with data management, and use of related tools
- Demonstrated project management skills
- Highly-proactive, extremely organized, self-starter capable of effectively managing several projects at the same time
- High EQ with an ability to work with many different personality types and positively influence others
What's in it for you
In addition to providing exciting work, career advancement opportunities, and a collaborative work environment, Vonage provides competitive pay and benefits including unlimited discretionary time off and tuition reimbursement.
Note: The purpose of this profile is to provide a general summary of essential responsibilities for the position and is not meant as an exhaustive list. Assignments may differ for individuals within the same role based on business conditions, departmental need or geographic location.