Vonage Sales Mission
We strive to innovate and enhance our customers’ ability to communicate within today’s digital, cloud and real-time business environments. Our team is composed of highly-motivated, energetic and customer-focused Team Members that expand existing accounts/channels and find new clients for company products and services.
Why this role matters
Customer Solutions Engineering provides technical subject matter expertise in support of Vonage Customer Success teams. We study the market, analyze customer experience and ensure solutions achieve both customer and Vonage business goals. We are reliable and dependable partners throughout the whole lifecycle of a Vonage customer. We work with Customer Success teams, with customers and partners – to help all parties understand technical processes and capabilities. The Senior Customer Solutions Engineer is an individual contributor providing Solutions Engineering advice and support across a range of Customer Success teams, client groups and product areas.
What you will do
- Partner with Customer Success teams to understand client product-related expectations and requirements.
- Provide Solutions Engineering advice and support across the company to help address and resolve significant, complex and business critical issues.
- Provide technical expertise to ensure that customer needs are met.
- Engage with customers’ senior leadership to understand objectives and business priorities and help them understand how Vonage equipment, systems and services can facilitate their success.
- Scope, project-manage, and in some instances create bespoke use-cases with Vonage and industry-leading technologies.
- Maintain a working knowledge of the industry and competitors in order to act as a valuable resource to both customer and sales teams.
- Review quotes, RFPs, plans, and other customer documentation – providing technical information and clarifying questions and uncertainties for both Vonage and customer representatives.
- Provide tools and training for Customer Success teams on conducting effective presentations and product demonstrations.
- Provide technical assistance to product management, marketing, and Customer Success training teams.
- Conduct product and technical presentations both onsite and remotely; translate technical terminology into language easily understood by non-technical audiences.
- Address product-related questions from both internal (Customer Success) and external (customer) perspectives.
- Package best practices and lessons learned into thought leadership and published assets to help improve Solutions Engineering processes and practices.
- Conduct post-sale product performance evaluation, communicating findings to Vonage Customer Success and technical stakeholders and making forward-looking improvement recommendations.
- Attend Quarterly Business Review (QBR) meetings with large customers.
What you will bring
- Excellent hands-on experience within the UCaaS (Broadworks-based), CCaaS, and ideally CPaaS industries.
- Extensive technical knowledge of industry-leading UC and advanced contact center products.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Demonstrated consultative selling experience.
- Advanced analytical skills to evaluate and interpret product and service-related situations.
- Experience as a compelling, passionate and confident public speaker.
- Ability to:
- Build and maintain strong working relationships with Customer Success Teams, partners, vendors, and customers.
- Understand sales processes, strategies and solution selling.
- Dig into issues and problems to understand underlying causes.
- Create convincing proposals and documentation.
- Comprehensive knowledge of Vonage products and services.
- Work with cross-functional team in order to help resolve customer challenges
What is required for application
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, related technical discipline, or equivalent experience.
- Prior experience (5+ years) as a Solutions Engineer or Technical Sales professional.
- Software, Data Networking, SIP, Cloud Computing or related certifications is highly desirable
What is in it for you
In addition to providing exciting work, career advancement opportunities, and a collaborative work environment, Vonage provides competitive pay and benefits including unlimited discretionary time off and tuition reimbursement.