We strive to innovate and enhance our customers' ability to communicate within today's digital, cloud and real-time business environment. Our sales team is composed of highly-motivated, energetic and customer-focused Team Members that expand existing accounts/channels and find new clients for company products and services.
Why this role matters
As a Strategic Partners Sales Director you’ll grow existing relationships with large, tech-savvy partners and build new relationships with organizations as you target high-growth digital, cloud software companies, and large enterprises. Vonage serves the hottest companies that are building communications into their unique customer experience to differentiate their businesses, and we are looking for leaders who love to work with innovators.
This position is reporting directly to the VP of Partner Sales. This is a fantastic opportunity to combine your tech market knowledge, your ability to engage at the highest level (CEO, CTO, CMO...) on business and partnership discussions but also on technical/product topics.
Preferred location is North America.
IF THIS SOUNDS LIKE YOU, CONTINUE READING BELOW...
What you'll do
- Support long term growth of VONAGE API and Applications offering.
- Target Strategic Tech Accounts in selected markets or verticals fueling Vonage growth, with a specific focus on PaaS Platforms leaders (e.g. Cloud and AI leaders).
- Position VONAGE API and Applications (Contact Center, Unified Communications) as a key player in strategic ecosystems such as Google, Amazon, Microsoft, Facebook, IBM.
- Convince Strategic accounts to integrate with VONAGE innovative solutions to embed contextual communications in their internal workflows or their Cloud Solutions.
- Increase Vonage awareness and influence in the Software tech industry by establishing relationships with key individuals, such as analysts, consultants and other influencers.
- Focus on creating growing, recurring revenue with Strategic accounts, to create market opportunities for our direct sales force and our ecosystem of reselling partners.
- Provide a solution oriented sales approach over the full delivery lifecycle, driving company growth by consistently growing and maintaining a healthy market opportunity with Strategic accounts that will help the team to meet and aggressively exceed targets.
- Collaborate with the Global Sales team, the Global partner team, the Product Management and Marketing teams and other teams involved in leveraging strategic partnerships
What you'll do
- Self-starter, creative, comfortable with ambiguity, works both independently and collaborates in team settings.
- Proven Experience in developing C-Suite contacts and building exceptional relationships in the tech industry with high-level and senior executives across business, marketing and technology teams.
- Keen ability to assess situations, perform root cause analysis, and provide solutions while possessing a passion for delivering impactful, cut through the clutter, ideas versus standard telecom presentations.
- Must be detail oriented with strong organizational and time management skills
- Must possess excellent customer service skills with a customer driven focus and the ability to quickly pivot in a fast paced environment
- Very Tech savvy, with an exceptional understanding of the trends driving innovation in technology, particularly in mobile, cloud and consumer areas
- Above standards intellectual agility and ability to think things through and develop processes that contribute to enhanced organizational efficiency.
What's required for application
- MBA level degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 5+ years of successful experience in Strategic tech sales and tech partnership management in PaaS, AI-ML, Cloud or Data business. International BD/Sales Experience.
- Experience in selling complex technical cloud solutions, in particular software APIs, development and integration environments.
- Intimate business knowledge and practical experience of one or multiple leading Cloud platforms and ecosystems (Google, Amazon, Microsoft, Facebook and IBM).
- Open to travel up to 25 - 50% of the time depending upon the region in which you are assigned responsibility
What's in it for you
In addition to providing exciting work, career advancement opportunities, and a collaborative work environment, Vonage provides competitive pay and benefits including unlimited discretionary time off and tuition reimbursement.
Note: The purpose of this profile is to provide a general summary of essential responsibilities for the position and is not meant as an exhaustive list. Assignments may differ for individuals within the same role based on business conditions, departmental need or geographic location.