We strive to innovate and enhance our customers' ability to communicate within today's digital, cloud and real-time business environment. Our sales team is composed of highly-motivated, energetic and customer-focused Team Members that expand existing accounts/channels and find new clients for company products and services.
Why this role matters
The Global SMS team, which sits within the Vonage API sales organisation, is responsible for driving the revenue and margin growth of the International Messaging business. The team supports one of the fastest growing CPaaS companies in the market, directly managing our OTT and wholesale customer base, whilst working closely with our Carrier and Enterprise sales teams to develop and implement regional strategy plans.
As a high-growth team delivering 106% growth over the last 2 years, expansion is needed to ensure continued success. We are seeking to recruit a business development manager in APAC. This position is critical in supporting Vonage’s SMS growth in the region, taking ownership for development of APAC OTT and wholesale business. The role will also work closely with the APAC Enterprise sales team to support the region's growth and new business development.
IF THIS SOUNDS LIKE YOU, CONTINUE READING BELOW...
What you'll do
- Own our wholesale business in Asia - responsible for the management, growth and strategic direction of our trading business in region.
- Own business growth from large regional OTTs - delivery of cost, margin and revenue goals for APAC OTT customers.
- Regional strategy - collaborate with the Enterprise sales and Carrier teams to coordinate strategy, supporting delivery of regions financial goals and new market development.
- New Business and partnerships - hunting and on-boarding of new suppliers. Nurturing and development of partnerships with key regional players.
- Supporting bids & RFPs - cost delivery and tailored solutions for key deals and large digital natives.
What you'll bring
- Extensive knowledge of the wholesale, aggregator and operator markets in APAC.
- An ability to build and drive strategies on a regional level.
- A robust results driven mindset and dynamic approach.
- A customer-driven focus and flexibility to succeed in a fast-paced environment.
- An ability to collaborate across different teams in the organisation, gaining support and buy-in for projects.
- Creativity and ideas - continuously pushing to improve the business
- Passion about delivering excellence.
What's required for application
- 5+ years relevant experience in the SMS A2P market: trading, carrier relations or business development.
- Expert knowledge of the messaging ecosystem, key players and market dynamics.
- A network of contacts in the global A2P messaging industry.
- Experience of working on international projects and initiatives.
- Proven track-record of regional business development.
- Hands-on proactive attitude, with a desire to make a difference.
What's in it for you
In addition to providing exciting work, career advancement opportunities, and a collaborative work environment, Vonage provides competitive pay and benefits including unlimited discretionary time off and tuition reimbursement.
Note: The purpose of this profile is to provide a general summary of essential responsibilities for the position and is not meant as an exhaustive list. Assignments may differ for individuals within the same role based on business conditions, departmental need or geographic location.