Vonage Engineering Mission
Are you passionate about software development? Are you familiar with the Windows ecosystem? Are you a polyglot who can speak several languages like C/C++ and C#? Are you a .Net Framework and/or .Net Core ninja? If yes, you’ll love this!
As one of our engineers in the native squad in the team in charge of maintaining and enhancing the video client SDKs, you’ll take part in the future of our SDK for Windows. Your help will be valuable to keep the Windows SDK as a reference SDK for media streaming within the Windows community.
The native client team follows Agile methodology. We have scrums and our sprints last two weeks. We take part in the usual rituals: sprint planning, backlog grooming, and retrospectives, to name a few.
We also have monthly Hack Days and Tech Debt Days. Hack Day is when developers get to hack on anything of their choosing so can play with anything you want not only Windows. Some choose to do R&D. Some choose to work on a pet project. Others choose to learn something new, by watching a tech talk, for example. The only requirements are that you have fun and share in what you learned. Tech Debt Day is reserved for handling tech debt. Developers have free range over what they want to tackle. (Even though we have Tech Debt Days, we also make room to handle more substantial tech debt items.)
IF THIS SOUNDS LIKE YOU, CONTINUE READING BELOW...
What you'll do
- Participating in development and maintenance of the OpenTok client SDK for Windows.
- Contribute to software architecture for real-time media streaming and quality optimizations.
- Engaging in all aspects of the software development life-cycle, including research-oriented exploratory programming, design, implementation, testing, debugging, and data-driven impact analysis
- Designing new APIs to solve specified requirements, and provides feedback on API design
- Creating new and elegant APIs and SDK functionality that allow mobile developers to create engaging applications with embedded real-time audio and video.
- Conducting continuous analysis to measure and improve the SDK performance (e.g. CPU, Memory, connectivity latency, etc.)
- Working with the cloud, testing, and support teams to ensure performance, quality, and simplicity of use of the SDK.
What's required for application
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field
- 4+ years professional experience as full-time software engineer.
- Understanding of common challenges in desktop environments.
- Client-server architectures, algorithms, thread and memory management systems, and data pipeline optimization
- .NET Framework and .NET Core.
- Microsoft Media Foundation.
- Windows Core Audio APIs.
- Fluency in C/C++ and C#.
- Real time communication experience is a plus.
- Experience working on teams that include production managers, test engineers, as well as fellow software engineers to deliver across the full development cycle.
- Enjoys communicating with others and is always eager to learn new technologies and frameworks.
What's in it for you
In addition to providing exciting work, career advancement opportunities, and a collaborative work environment, Vonage provides competitive pay and benefits including unlimited discretionary time off and tuition reimbursement.
Note: The purpose of this profile is to provide a general summary of essential responsibilities for the position and is not meant as an exhaustive list. Assignments may differ for individuals within the same role based on business conditions, departmental need or geographic location.