Vonage Engineering Mission: We embody the notion of be what’s next now! We envision, develop and manage technology to connect the world. Our team brings excellence, passion, creativity and curiosity to the job. We look at the business environment and technologies in new and challenging ways, striving to develop and deliver integrated whole-system solutions to meet our customers’ ever-changing needs.
As a member of the Business Applications Engineering team, this individual will provide application user support for assigned Business Applications in a timely, high quality, and efficient manner. We are looking for an analytical and experienced Quality Assurance Engineer (QA Engineer) that specializes in writing and executing test plans from requirements and testing run-the-business changes. To succeed in this role, you will work with the technical team and business stakeholders to design, implement, and execute functional test plans, and report on the results. The individual will work as part of a technical team and be responsible for the generation and execution of manual test cases that will allow the project to be delivered on time, while meeting or exceeding expectations to ensure our projects can be released in an error-free manner.
What you will do:
- Develop, maintain, and execute the functional test plans for IT projects.
- Test run-the-business changes against acceptance criteria
- Work closely with Developers to research and understand applications, create test cases, design test plans, and report bugs via JIRA tickets for the verification of functionality.
- Utilize applications such as Salesforce, Okta, Oracle, JIRA, and more.
- Document, track, and escalate issues to build effective relationships through partnerships and collaboration.
- Take responsibility for testing of individual components and end-to-end testing flows.
- Work closely with Developers, Product Owners, and Scrum Masters to review products and requirements.
What is required:
- Experience running QA efforts for projects on integrated systems.
- Independent, self-motivation, creativity, and proactiveness to work successfully in a fast-paced environment including diverse technologies, labs, and architectures.
- Ability to troubleshoot, analyze, and report product defects in an easy to reproduce manner.
- Ability to operate in a dynamic and challenging team-oriented environment, and to meet tight deadlines.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- 5+ years of QA experience
- Experience with automated testing
- Experience testing Salesforce, Zuora, Oracle and Jira
- Experience testing Okta or other SSO integrations is a plus
- BS or BA in Business Operations, Computer Science, Information Services or related discipline preferred.
What is in it for you:
In addition to providing exciting work, career advancement opportunities, and a collaborative work environment, Vonage provides competitive pay and benefits including unlimited discretionary time off and tuition reimbursement.