Vonage Engineering Mission: Vonage London is the emerging leader in the $100B+ cloud communications platform (CPaaS) market. Customers like Airbnb, Viber, Whatsapp, Snapchat, and many others depend on our APIs and SDKs to connect with their customers all over the world. As businesses continue to shift to a real-time, customer-centric communications model, we are experiencing a time of impressive growth.
Why this role matters
SDET (Software Development Engineers in Test) engineers perform and participate in application development and testing. We ensure continuous quality and testability of code throughout the software development lifecycle. We build quality within the software development process through automated testing suites, providing comprehensive support from code development to functionality. We live on the leading edge of system and component design, developing solutions that serve millions of users and businesses all over the world.
The Director, SDET brings this to life by contributing to technology development and decision-making and guiding the work of SDET engineers and teams. This person will be coming in at a time of growth, not only within the team, but also for Vonage API - therefore this person will need to be prepared and experienced to scale processes & teams.
IF THIS SOUNDS LIKE YOU, CONTINUE READING BELOW…….
What you'll do:
- Lead a team of exceptionally talented SDET’s to deliver against product roadmaps
- Drive testing strategy development for future releases.
- Engage with product and engineering teams to define / develop improved test automation frameworks and ensure maintenance of scalable data sets.
- Define, implement and analyze metrics to determine test effectiveness and overall software quality.
- Diagnose issues, report defects and propose solutions to proactively identify and address potential reoccurrences.
- Develop and contribute to long-term technical solutions and strategies for the engineering department.
- Drive processes to educate developers at all levels to write higher quality software.
- Evaluate current testing procedures and processes and drive optimization.
- Define team success metrics and ensure team alignment with and support of the engineering strategic vision.
- Work with engineering teams and stakeholders to ensure understanding and support of required testing features and protocol.
- Work with product and business managers to understand software and related requirements and associated technical architecture.
- Drive non-functional scalability and redundancy automation solutions on top of the cloud infrastructure.
What we value:
Being disruptive. Getting things done. With smart people. Enjoying knowing that the work we do is having a global impact by enabling never before imagined communications.
We have big goals, and we want the people who join us to be self-confident, focused on customers and delivery, and who are structured and committed in their approach. We iterate quickly, we fail fast, we take smart chances. We value those who will help us continue this spirit
Values matter at Vonage. We are on a mission to bring value for consumers and enterprises through global cloud based communications.
But just as important as delivering value is how we deliver that value.
We believe in integrity. Both personally and professionally. We believe in empowering our employees and are actively seeking entrepreneurs in training who want to help build something larger.
We have gotten to this point by being committed, passionate, and focused on getting things done. We need more people like us. If this appeals to you then we encourage you to apply.
What you'll bring:
- Engineering leadership skills - experience leading a team of 10+ Engineers at least
- Advanced knowledge of programming languages (e.g. Python, Java, Go).
- Comprehensive experience in developing and running a continuous integration system.
- Advanced knowledge of data structures, algorithms and distributed systems.
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related discipline, Masters would be advantageous
- Advanced understanding of and experience with writing, testing, debugging and perfecting code.
- Ability to:
- Navigate ambiguity.
- Present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to a wide variety of audiences.
- Identify risks and threats in current and emerging technologies, procedures, features and operations.
- Manage multiple priorities with accuracy and efficiency while meeting deadlines.
- Develop technical and process skills in others
What is in it for you
- Unlimited paid holidays
- Matched pension
- Life assurance
- Income Protection
- Cycle to work scheme
- Payroll Giving for Charities
- Season Ticket Loan
- Private Medical
- Dental & Eye Cover
- Gym Membership Loan
- Extended Maternity and Paternity Leave
- Career progression
- Flexible working hours
- Industry conferences as a team or individual
- Free snacks and food
- Friday beer o’clock
- Work laptop
- Secure bicycle storage
- Discounts in London attractions through TasteCard Loan and BUPA, the medical provider