- Organization: Vonage API Group
- Location: Remote (UTC+0 to UTC+3)
- Travel requirements: Light to medium travel (worldwide) (post pandemic)
Vonage Product Management Mission: Vonage API is the emerging leader in the $100B+ cloud communications platform (CPaaS) market. Customers like Airbnb, Viber, TikTok, Snapchat, and many others depend on our APIs and SDKs to connect with their customers all over the world. As businesses continue to shift to a real-time, customer-centric communications model, we are experiencing a time of impressive growth.
Why this role matters
We are looking for an experienced developer advocate to join our growing Developer Relations team at Vonage. You will be customer zero for our Communication APIs (Messaging, Voice and Video) and help developers discover, implement, and succeed with our APIs.
You’ll collaborate with our Product Managers, Developer Experience and Engineering teams to understand all of the Vonage product offerings and then work to create and deliver great content that will engage and inspire developers at all skill levels.
What you will do
- Work in an international, remote-first, and distributed team.
- Create developer-focused content that engages, educates, and inspires developers using the whole suite of Vonage APIs, e.g. blog posts, tutorials, videos, presentations, live streams, sample code, demo apps courses, demo apps, sample code.
- Attend and speak at events (e.g. conferences, meetups, hackathons), online and in person, once it is safe to do so.
- Engage with our communities both in-person and online (e.g. StackOverflow, and Slack) to understand their needs and collect feedback on how to improve our developer experience.
- Collaborate with Product, Engineering, Marketing, and other colleagues to improve our developer experience, source great content ideas, and coordinate on events.
- Work with prospective and existing customers, including those in our startup program, helping them to accelerate adoption of the Vonage APIs.
- Experiment with new and emerging technologies, languages, frameworks, to find new ways to help developers succeed with our APIs.
Who you are
- Experience as a Developer Advocate or in a similar role.
- 2+ years experience in a related API/SaaS technology field.
- An excellent track record of regular content publishing, either as part of a previous job or on your own personal channels.
- Experience with public speaking (e.g. at meetups, developer conferences)
- Experience in working within cross-functional teams (product, marketing, customer success, etc).
- You are a strong communicator who can explain complex technical concepts both in writing and in person.
- You are driven by empathy for your community and your peers.
What is in it for you
- Unlimited paid annual leave
- Flexible working hours
- Company pension
- Life assurance
- Income Protection
- Cycle to work scheme
- Payroll Giving for Charities
- Train Season Ticket Loan
- Private Medical
- Dental & Eye Cover
- Gym Membership Loan
- Enhanced Maternity and Paternity Leave
- Career progression
- Industry conferences
- Work laptop
- Secure bicycle storage
- Breakouts areas include games room, relaxation room, playstation, table tennis and much more
- Discounts in London attractions through TasteCard Loan and BUPA, the medical provider
- Social meetups, i.e. yearly Hackathons, Christmas party, etc
Potential Next Career Move: Senior Developer Advocate