Ensuring our customers traffic gets delivered is a big part of the Vonage Communications Platform. Our customers look to us to ensure their traffic gets to their customers so they can engage with them. The API Services Operations team is responsible for ensuring that this happens.
Why this role matters
The Americas Service Operations Manager will support the organisation to ensure the SMS and Voice operations are meeting our customers demanding requirements for SMS Conversion and Voice call quality. This hands-on role is key, as it enables us to deliver the high levels of quality our customers expect from us. The Americas is a key Market for Vonage and the contribution of the Service Operations team is essential to ensuring our customer’s traffic gets delivered to their customers.
IF THIS SOUNDS LIKE YOU, CONTINUE READING BELOW...
What you'll do
- Manage the Americas Routing team for SMS and Voice and coach the team while helping them achieve their own personal goals.
- Monitor Vonage’s Carrier services to ensure all standards are met in principle with our cost and quality KPIs, by utilising business intelligence reporting and internal tools.
- Take ownership of selected markets within the Americas region to become a source of knowledge within the company and your direct reports.
- Proactively advise how Vonage products can be used to the sales and customer success
- Be the Senior Operations escalation point with our carrier partners to resolve issues
- Implement and verify internal procedures to ensure productivity through them and in conjunction with the internal stakeholders and your team.
- Own or be part of organisation-wide projects towards process and Product automation to reduce operational time.
- Train and develop your team to excellence.
- Get Stuff Done.
What you'll bring
- Educated to degree level or equivalent.
- Experience in the telecommunications industry on Voice and/or SMS services.
- At least 4 years of experience in managing, a fast paced, operations, or other team.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills - Internally and Externally.
- Experience in Data Analysis tools e.g. (MS Excel, Tableau BI, Power BI).
- Proven record of accomplished team projects on your previous work experience.
- Ideally, you'll also have/be:
- Methodical and keen to learn.
- Basic understanding of Voice or SMS protocols.
- Understanding of Business (GM, Revenue etc) and Quality metrics (ASR%, DLR Success etc) of Voice and/or SMS.
- Project Management, and Office tools experience.
What's in it for you
In addition to providing exciting work, career advancement opportunities and a collaborative work environment, Vonage provides competitive pay and benefits including unlimited discretionary time off and tuition reimbursement.
This role will require some weekend days per month and occasional Holiday work.
Note: The purpose of this profile is to provide a general summary of essential responsibilities for the position and is not meant as an exhaustive list. Assignments may differ for individuals within the same role based on business conditions, departmental need or geographic location.