Vonage is the emerging leader in the $100B+ cloud communications platform (CPaaS) market. Customers like Airbnb, Viber, Whatsapp, Snapchat, and many others depend on our APIs and SDKs to connect with their customers all over the world.
As businesses continue to shift to a real-time, customer-centric communications model, we are experiencing a time of impressive growth.
The Engineering team at Vonage is a fast growing group of talented engineers. They face multiple challenges associated with high performance, distributed systems, and processing large volumes of data in real time.
We are looking for a Data Engineer to join a new team dedicated to transforming the data pipeline to a real-time event-driven one.
- Building systems to enable data insight and data science from tens of millions of daily events
- Real-time data processing using stream technologies (Kafka streaming or similar)
- Write efficient and scalable code
- Develop on a public cloud infrastructure
- AWS (S3, EMR, Redshift, ...)
- Google Cloud (GDS)
- Java / Python
- Anything needed to achieve our goals
- Data engineer experience with software engineering skills or software engineer interested in making a move to data.
- Java / Python / any other programming language used to process data.
- Experience dealing with event-driven pipeline (Kafka or other).
- Willingness to learn and use different technology/programming language.
- Experience working with public cloud
- SQL / NoSQL
Nice to have:
- Experience with streaming framework
- Experience with open source OLAP system (Druid, Pinot…)
- Telecommunication knowledge
- Docker and Kubernetes exposure
We value disruptive innovation, getting things done, and working with passion and integrity are the values that matter at Nexmo. We are on a mission to enable simplified communications between enterprises and their customers by empowering our employees. We strive for passion and integrity, both personally and professionally.
We have achieved significant growth by hiring exceptional people. We have big goals, and we want the people who join us to be self-confident, focused on customers and delivery, and who are structured and committed in their approach. We value those who will help us continue this spirit. If this appeals to you then we encourage you to apply.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Competitive Market Rate Salary