We strive to innovate and enhance our customers' ability to communicate within today's digital, cloud and real-time business environment. Our CPaaS Support team is composed of highly motivated, technically savvy team members who work closely with our customers to ensure their queries are answered quickly and accurately, and that they fully realize the value of our API services and products.
Why this role matters
Working closely with the global VP of Vonage Support, you would be responsible for the CPaaS Support Engineering team and function, ensuring that our API customers have a seamless Support experience and are able to realize the full value of our products and services in their business environment. You would be responsible for the people, processes and systems that deliver API Support, including the planning and evolution of team structure, skilling and success.
IF THIS SOUNDS LIKE YOU, CONTINUE READING BELOW...
What you'll do
- Coordinate Support Operations
- Set priorities for Support Operations deliverables. Working with your management team, responsible for coordinating the day-to-day API Support operations tasks and directing major projects. You will supervise Support Operations employees, delegate tasks, monitor performance, and ensure regular follow-ups with business objectives.
- Identify Opportunities
- Since you engage regularly and continually with our customers, and understand the company’s strategic direction and financial objectives, you will be well-equipped to spot trends and opportunities. To further develop and optimize the Support function, your team will explore and evaluate software tools, customer support methodologies, and workflow processes.
- Drive Buy-in
- Buy-in is critical in Support Operations, as systems and processes only succeed if they are followed by the people using them. The Support Operations Director needs to establish a commitment to compliance with the Support managers and ensure that they address escalated concerns promptly.
- Recruit and Train Employees
- You will work closely with HR to recruit the best candidates for the roles you’ve defined with your API Support leads. After hiring, you will provide training and ensure ongoing professional development of the team.
What you'll bring
You are proactive and agile, taking swift action to effectively execute projects. Drawing from long-term experience in the Customer Service/Technical Support industry, you will take charge with a vision in mind while using problem-solving skills to develop solutions. Your skills should include the following:
- Experience in leading teams within a Technical Support function (preferably customer-facing) including setting OKRs/KPI’s and reporting in order to get the most out of your staff
- Good background in technical support where you have understood technical issues and been able to translate these into business impacts and needs.
- Project management skills, having implemented change whether that be in services, products or processes.
- Confident communication skills with the ability to collaborate, facilitate and run meetings with stakeholders of varied backgrounds (Sales, Product, Engineering, Business Operations…), as well as engage directly with key customer stakeholders
- Excellent business analysis skills in order to process and present relevant metrics and performance data to C level executives.
What's in it for you
This is a unique opportunity to build a team from the ground up, defining and hiring the roles you believe will make you successful. With our commitment to accountability and efficiency this role will be crucial in 2021.
In addition to providing exciting work, career advancement opportunities, and a collaborative work environment, Vonage provides competitive pay and benefits including unlimited discretionary time off and tuition reimbursement.
Note: The purpose of this profile is to provide a general summary of essential responsibilities for the position and is not meant as an exhaustive list. Assignments may differ for individuals within the same role based on business conditions, departmental need or geographic location.