Vonage Sales Mission
We strive to innovate and enhance our customers’ ability to communicate within today’s digital, cloud and real-time business environments. Our team is composed of highly-motivated, energetic and customer-focused Team Members that expand existing accounts/channels and find new clients for company products and services.
Why this role matters
Solutions Engineering provides technical subject matter expertise in support of Vonage sales efforts. We study the market, analyze customer experience and ensure solutions achieve both customer and Vonage business goals. We are reliable and dependable partners throughout the sales cycle, from discovery to close. We work with sales teams and with clients and potential clients – to help all parties understand technical processes and capabilities. The Senior Solutions Engineer brings this to life by providing Solutions Engineering advice and support across a range of large and complex sales / client groups and product areas.
This is to support the Vonage API group where you will be working with a variety of customers that we aim to solve their business challenges through our Vonage API's
IF THIS SOUNDS LIKE YOU, CONTINUE READING BELOW...
What you'll do
- Provide Solutions Engineering pre-sales support for Vonage’s largest and most complex customer accounts.
- Provide Solutions Engineering advice and support across the company to help address and resolve significant, complex and business critical issues.
- Engage with customers’ senior leadership to understand objectives and business priorities and help them understand how Vonage equipment, systems and services can facilitate their success.
- Apply client understanding to propose and sell new products and services.
- Provide technical expertise to ensure that customer needs are met.
- Maintain a working knowledge of the industry and competitors in order to act as a valuable resource to both customer and sales teams.
- Review quotes, RFPs, plans and other customer documentation – providing technical information and clarifying questions and uncertainties for both Vonage and customer representatives.
- Provide sales tools and training for sales teams on conducting effective presentations and product demonstrations.
- Provide technical assistance to product management, marketing and sales training teams.
- Conduct product and technical presentations both onsite and remotely; translate technical terminology into language easily understood by non-technical audiences.
- Package best practices and lessons learned into thought leadership and published assets to help improve Solutions Engineering processes and practices.
- Drive post-sale product performance evaluation, communicating findings to Vonage sales and technical stakeholders and making forward-looking improvement recommendations.
What you'll bring
- Experience within the SaaS or Cloud Storage space
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills.
- Analytical skills to evaluate and interpret product and service-related situations.
- Experience as a compelling, passionate and confident public speaker.
- Ability to:
- Build and maintain strong working relationships with sales teams, partners, vendors and customers.
- Understand sales processes, strategies and solution selling.
- Dig into issues and problems to understand underlying causes.
- Create convincing proposals and documentation.
What's in it for you
In addition to providing exciting work, career advancement opportunities, and a collaborative work environment, Vonage provides competitive pay and benefits including unlimited discretionary time off and tuition reimbursement.